No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: I Will Add Kessler's Belt To My Collection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch: I Will Add Kessler's Belt To My Collection

Carl Froch has told Sky Sports News that he is confident of facing and beating Mikkel Kessler in the spring of 2013. Britain's IBF super-middleweight world champion lost a points decision to the Dane in 2010 in Denmark - just one of two defeats on his record. Kessler won the WBA title from Brian Magee earlier this month and a rematch unification fight between the pair would be a major draw. Froch feels the rematch will head to the UK and this time the outcome will not be the same.

[Click Here To Read More]

can somebody answer this for me. kessler is regular wba champ as ward became super champ by adding another belt to his collection and making regular belt available. what happens if froch wins belt off him with already holding ibf? he would have 2 belts so would be super champ but can't be because ward is. does he become wba regular champ but how can he with 2 belts? wba will prob make something stupid like wba interim super champ or super silver champ.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by TonkaJones View Post
      can somebody answer this for me. kessler is regular wba champ as ward became super champ by adding another belt to his collection and making regular belt available. what happens if froch wins belt off him with already holding ibf? he would have 2 belts so would be super champ but can't be because ward is. does he become wba regular champ but how can he with 2 belts? wba will prob make something stupid like wba interim super champ or super silver champ.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      They will give Ward the "Champion of 2012-?" belt and Froch will get the "Champion of 2013-?" belt. Crap, forgot to add "Super" to those!

Comment

stupid titles...ward is undisputed. or should be

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
          stupid titles...ward is undisputed. or should be
          Well then he should have fought Bute and Stieglitz.

Comment

Have a feeling Froch will win rather convincingly this time, Kessler is quite well overhill.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
              Have a feeling Froch will win rather convincingly this time, Kessler is quite well overhill.
              He most certainly is not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Well then he should have fought Bute and Stieglitz.
                It's okay he'll just Wip Froch AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by BTTAG145 View Post
                  It's okay he'll just Wip Froch AGAIN
                  He still won't hold all the belts, Arthur Abraham currently has the other one. If a fighter wants to become undisputed champion, he has to fight the belt-holders.

The Bute fight was there, and I'm sure Stieglitz wouldn't have turned the bout down.

Comment

Overall I believe that Kessler is the better fighter he is also younger and should be in a much better frame of mind then when they first fought. But then again there is always the real possibility of another hometown decision for Froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X