Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to tell of how powerful your punch is compared to a famous pros?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to tell of how powerful your punch is compared to a famous pros?

Is there anyway to get an approximation?

Have famous boxers ever been recorded?

Could you watch a fighter hitting the heavy bag and compare the bags reaction/ weight to when you hit the bag?

Could you compare hand speed if you videod yourself and put it beside a video of a pro?

Any ideas?

I personally think this should be a guiness book of records thing where the man with the worlds mightiest punch becomes a famous celebrity king, who has a stautue erected in his name!

most HW 1000-1200 PSI.Some bars have accurate punching bags that can measure your PSI.

Comment

go to an arcade that has one of those punching machines...I think buffalo wild wings has one.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
        most HW 1000-1200 PSI.Some bars have accurate punching bags that can measure your PSI.

how do those work? i punched one once but it was like a speed bag type of thing so it was kinda weird to try and unload my best shot, remember my score but doubt it was psi it was a bit high for my weight if it was in psi.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
          Is there anyway to get an approximation?

Have famous boxers ever been recorded?

Could you watch a fighter hitting the heavy bag and compare the bags reaction/ weight to when you hit the bag?

Could you compare hand speed if you videod yourself and put it beside a video of a pro?

Any ideas?

I personally think this should be a guiness book of records thing where the man with the worlds mightiest punch becomes a famous celebrity king, who has a stautue erected in his name!
          If you never been taught how to punch you can be a buff out 250 pounder and a flyweight will punch harder than you

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            If you never been taught how to punch you can be a buff out 250 pounder and a flyweight will punch harder than you
            Not usually though. Almost every athletic 250lber can deliver more power than your average flyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
              Not usually though. Almost every athletic 250lber can deliver more power than your average flyweight.
              Not in the delivery. A Pro fighter with a 16-4 record with 10 Ko's who is a lightweight could get in the ring with an Athletic 168 pound backyard Boxer and Box circles around him and make him miss 95 percent of his punches and the ones that landed would have no impact because he would see the punches coming a mile away and block or take the impact off the punch from pure experience, till the lightweight decided to step on the gas halfway and KO the 168 pound backyard boxer. Just like the Pros vs the Joes TV show. A shot Roy Jones could take some young gym rat who Boxes in the gym and make the gym rat look drunk and ******ed in a sparring session and that is with Jones not even serious.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Not in the delivery. A Pro fighter with a 16-4 record with 10 Ko's who is a lightweight could get in the ring with an Athletic 168 pound backyard Boxer and Box circles around him and make him miss 95 percent of his punches and the ones that landed would have no impact because he would see the punches coming a mile away and block or take the impact off the punch from pure experience, till the lightweight decided to step on the gas halfway and KO the 168 pound backyard boxer. Just like the Pros vs the Joes TV show. A shot Roy Jones could take some young gym rat who Boxes in the gym and make the gym rat look drunk and ******ed in a sparring session and that is with Jones not even serious.
                You're talking about skill not power. If we're talking about a stationary target and who can punch harder most almost every athletic 250lber will hit harder than a flyweight. They'd be outboxed pretty much every time, but thats not what we're talking about.

Comment

I punched 900 on one of those machines:

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
                    You're talking about skill not power. If we're talking about a stationary target and who can punch harder most almost every athletic 250lber will hit harder than a flyweight. They'd be outboxed pretty much every time, but thats not what we're talking about.
                    That's not always true

Keep in mind that weight is only one of the things that contribute to power. The other major contributor is speed. Someone who weighs twice as much but is half as fast will hit just as hard as someone who is twice as fast but weights half as much

Comment

Working...
                    X