No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yuri Foreman Reloaded, Prepares For New Chapter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yuri Foreman Reloaded, Prepares For New Chapter

By Mitch Abramson - As a child, the boxer Yuri Foreman followed a strict routine of school, followed by boxing. When he came to the U.S. in 1999, to follow his dream of becoming a world champion, Foreman was still married to that routine, working in the garment district by day and trekking to Gleason’s Gym at night. Foreman was as consistent in his routine as a mailman, quickly developing a reputation for being one of the hardest workers in the gym.

Eventually, Foreman quit his job and dedicated his life to boxing, winning the WBA junior middleweight title in 2009 against Daniel Santos, but that restrictive schedule didn't lessen just because he found success.

He was consumed with boxing, with the studying of other fighters, with the dietary restraints of making weight, and with the discipline of training. His routine was king, and he adhered to it like it was as precious as gold. But then it all stopped. Following the loss to Miguel Cotto at Yankee Stadium, and then the sudden death of his manager and friend, Murray Wilson in 2010, and after his perplexing loss to Pawel Wolak, Foreman took a leave of absence from the sport that had defined him, a sport that made it possible for him to live a comfortable life, with a wife and child and a nice home in Park Slope. [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Mitch Abramson - As a child, the boxer Yuri Foreman followed a strict routine of school, followed by boxing. When he came to the U.S. in 1999, to follow his dream of becoming a world champion, Foreman was still married to that routine, working in the garment district by day and trekking to Gleason’s Gym at night. Foreman was as consistent in his routine as a mailman, quickly developing a reputation for being one of the hardest workers in the gym.

Eventually, Foreman quit his job and dedicated his life to boxing, winning the WBA junior middleweight title in 2009 against Daniel Santos, but that restrictive schedule didn't lessen just because he found success.

He was consumed with boxing, with the studying of other fighters, with the dietary restraints of making weight, and with the discipline of training. His routine was king, and he adhered to it like it was as precious as gold. But then it all stopped. Following the loss to Miguel Cotto at Yankee Stadium, and then the sudden death of his manager and friend, Murray Wilson in 2010, and after his perplexing loss to Pawel Wolak, Foreman took a leave of absence from the sport that had defined him, a sport that made it possible for him to live a comfortable life, with a wife and child and a nice home in Park Slope. [Click Here To Read More]
    Yuri Foreman's wife is HOT! As for Yuri he was always the Paulie Malignaggi of the middleweight division, I would actually like to see Foreman V Alvarez, but I think it will be like Cotto V Foreman. Either way Foreman is a nice guy but was always way overhyped like Salita by Bob Arum.

Comment

Its tough to see Foreman making a splash with 54 being such a deep division now. hopefully he can atleast string together a few good wins to set up a big fight. i remember being shocked after the wolak fight. that was a really tough loss for yuri.

Comment

One of the truly nice guys in boxing, I wish you all the best Yuri

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Boiled View Post
          Yuri he was always the Paulie Malignaggi of the middleweight division
          Minus the Jersey Shores coiffed eyebrows...

Comment

If this guy fights again, it better not be on TV. He's as entertaining as watching paint dry.

Comment

Yuri's average, nothing more w/ a boring style...I wouldn't go across the street 2 c him 4 free...

Comment

His attitude towards everything is brilliant. He is one of the few 'gentlemen' left in the sport all the best Yuri.

Comment

Bunch of fake ass "boxing experts" experts on here..anyone who isn't a floyd mayweather like technician is garbage in your eyes it seems..Yuri showed more heart in that loss to Cotto than anyone ive seen in ten years..he got my respect and that of all 50,000 ppl at yankee stadium...the dude fought the #3 ranked fighter on 1 leg for a few rounds..where any number of guys you all like would've easily given up and quit. Props to Yuri, this fight is 9 blocks from my house..i'm going!!

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Bunch of fake ass "boxing experts" experts on here..anyone who isn't a floyd mayweather like technician is garbage in your eyes it seems..Yuri showed more heart in that loss to Cotto than anyone ive seen in ten years..he got my respect and that of all 50,000 ppl at yankee stadium...the dude fought the #3 ranked fighter on 1 leg for a few rounds..where any number of guys you all like would've easily given up and quit. Props to Yuri, this fight is 9 blocks from my house..i'm going!!
                    Guess you haven't watched many fights then have you? What about Arthur abraham fighting with a broken jaw, Danny williams fighting with one hand after dislocating it or even timmothy bradley recently who injured his leg in a number of places but carried on fighting for 8-9 rounds against a hard hitting p4p #1 fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X