No announcement yet.

Which Top 160 pounders can Chavez beat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Top 160 pounders can Chavez beat

Seems like he is gonna stay at 160, at least for another fight or two.

Which of the top 10 Ring Magazine rated 160LB fighters would Chavez be able to defeat?
    Martinez
    3.95%
    Geale
    10.53%
    Sturm
    12.50%
    Golovkin
    6.58%
    Pirog
    7.24%
    Macklin
    10.53%
    N'dam N'Jikam
    11.18%
    Murray
    13.82%
    Quillin
    10.53%
    Proksa
    13.16%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
    Seems like he is gonna stay at 160, at least for another fight or two.

Which of the top 10 Ring Magazine rated 160LB fighters would Chavez be able to defeat?
    IF he can keep making weight as he has done then any middleweight is going to struggle against him purely because of his size.

You saw it in the Martinez fight the amount of energy you need to stay away from someone who is that much bigger than you for twelve rounds, the added movement you need and also the extra power you feel you need to put on each of your shots to hurt him will take it out of any fighter.

That said i dont think he will make 160 for much longer, and when he moves up fighters like Ward and Froch will annihilate him.

Edit: and in answer to your question i think he has a very good chance against anyone outside of Martinez at middleweight.
    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 10-04-2012, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Most of them. He needs to set up his punches not just by imposing his size and rushing ,but using the jab more effectively. He does this and everyone at 160 will have problems.

Anyone that isn't elusive like Martinez will get hurt at 160, that's if he really stays there.

Comment

He has a good chance against all of them outside of Martinez.

Who else has the energy to move for 12 rounds, throw in the range of 100 punches in several rounds and also have enough power to keep Chavez from just walking them down?

The answer is none.

Chavez is an average fighter, but when you are THAT much bigger than everybody else, average is enough.

Comment

Well I think Martinez, Quillin, GGG, N'dam N'Jikam would beat Chavez Jr.

BUT I think Chavez Jr can beat the Rest, lets net get crazy, the dude is tough and he does have a GREAT CHIN and he is relentless, so a lot of these guys just like the Andy Lee fight, Chavez Jr could walk past their punches and apply pressure and go to the body and maybe even stop a lot of them IMO

Martinez and N'Dam N'Jikam are the WORSE match ups for Chavez Jr because of their Footwork and Athleticism and overall Speed Advantage, I think Chavez Jr vs Quillin would be VERY EXPLOSIVE and could go either way and I think GGG could out-box Chavez Jr and pick him apart

Comment

He would be ok if he stopped

1-training in his living room
            2-smoking all nite and waking up at 5 in the afternoon wearing pink underwear and eating cereal

3-listen to his damn father

Comment

All of them except Martinez, Quillin and GGG

Comment

I think he has an ok chance with most of them if he would just take things more serious & listen to his coach & father. If he keeps going the same then I don't even see him making 160 much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Well I think Martinez, Quillin, GGG, N'dam N'Jikam would beat Chavez Jr.

BUT I think Chavez Jr can beat the Rest, lets net get crazy, the dude is tough and he does have a GREAT CHIN and he is relentless, so a lot of these guys just like the Andy Lee fight, Chavez Jr could walk past their punches and apply pressure and go to the body and maybe even stop a lot of them IMO

Martinez and N'Dam N'Jikam are the WORSE match ups for Chavez Jr because of their Footwork and Athleticism and overall Speed Advantage, I think Chavez Jr vs Quillin would be VERY EXPLOSIVE and could go either way and I think GGG could out-box Chavez Jr and pick him apart
                  He *might* have a good chin, but that remains to be seen/tested imo, considering he is taking punches from guys who weigh significantly less than him. Your point still remainss, was just sayin.

Comment

whoops lol I picked all the guys I think would beat chavez. Not the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                    X