Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Z putting on a free show in Detroit to support Obama.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Z putting on a free show in Detroit to support Obama.

I just seen this on the news. I'll find a link. You guys cool with J Zizzle doing this to promote his views on the presidency?

Not even sure why he chose to do Detroit. Mccain has already pulled out of Michigan.

LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Hip-hop star Jay-Z will perform Saturday at Detroit's Cobo Arena to promote voter registration.

The free concert is being offered by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's campaign. Monday is the deadline in Michigan to register to vote in the Nov. 4 presidential election, prompting the last-minute push.

Jay-Z has won seven Grammy Awards. He is married to singer Beyonce Knowles and is part-owner of the New Jersey Nets.

Obama has said Jay-Z is one of his favorite musical artists.

Members of the public can pick up one free ticket at Campaign for Change offices in Detroit, Dearborn, Southfield and Wayne County's Canton Township.

Here are the addresses and phone numbers to those offices:
    Last edited by Check; 10-04-2008, 06:19 PM.

Comment

is michicgan a blue or red state?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
        is michicgan a blue or red state?
        Blue. Mccain pulled out last week because Obama has the state on lockdown. Michigan has always been a democratic state thats why I didn't understand why Jay decide to bring his product here. Why not go to a state up in the air like Ohio or Penn?

Comment

i don't care.celebs are bandwagoners.

Comment

Working...
          X