No announcement yet.

New Star Wars franchise: yay or nay?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Star Wars franchise: yay or nay?

Walt Disney wasted no time, they're pushing for a 2015 release for new Star Wars film

im a Star Wars fan though not a huge one, i'd like the original trilogy but didn't really care with prequel trilogy because it plainly sucked

would the franchise be sucessfull without Lucas?
    Yes
    69.23%
    No
    30.77%

i'm okay with it... I've read a little bit about what happens after episode VI in the comics and other sources and they have alot of material from which to make movies.

With today's technology i'm sure they can come up with some great stuff. I do understand the other side of the argument though. Some people grew up with Starwars and see the new franchise as a desecration of one of their favorite series.

Comment

Unfortunately the new star wars movies may just as well be watered down versions of the first 3 movies.

Comment

Assuming they continue with the past stuff, How do they Advance the story? The story has ended hasnt it, plus some of them are older now too im sure..

Comment

Not really kept up on what happens after Episode 6. Can anyone fill me in???

The original trilogy was good. They kind of messed up stuff on the 2nd trilogy though. The first bad guy in Episode 1 was cool though, and they got the bad guys down pretty good in my opinion. But other than that, ehhh it wasn't that good.

Comment

I cant imagine them ****ing it up anymore then it has been so go ahead I say

Comment

George Lucas is a good storyteller but a terrible scriptwriter & i hope a different treatment would give it fresh look

Comment

I'm happy to give it a chance, if it isn't good ill just pretend it doesn't exist, like the phantom menace

Comment

if disney guys like brad bird or joss whedon handle the thing, it should be OK...

and i really would prefer the new saga to be either far into the past or far into the future from the six films... something fresh like what bioware did in knights of the old republic game...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                    if disney guys like brad bird or joss whedon handle the thing, it should be OK...

and i really would prefer the new saga to be either far into the past or far into the future from the six films... something fresh like what bioware did in knights of the old republic game...
                    it's going to be set 20 years after Return of the Jedi

Mark Hamill is going to be in the film as Luke Skywalker in an ensemble role, and is a producer/consultant which is good because he's heavily involved with the fanbase, and understands what people REALLY want from a star wars film

Comment

Working...
                    X