Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo should fight the Berto Vs Ortiz Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      I think there is a better chance that Canelo fights Quintana instead of Kirkland.
      This is probably the more probably match up after Kirkland. I can see them building up a hype out of it, the first man to beat Williams, the whole Purto Rico-Mexico rivalry like you said and just finished KOing Latimore.
      Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
      JCC isn't a bigger draw to Mexicans or Americans lol.

Right now Kirkland/Canelo is probably the more favorable and fan-friendly match up, (and im almost positive Lara or Vanes will be on the undercard, or both). However, I think theres a really good chance Canelo faces Quintana next.

After JCC disposes of Andy Lee and Canelo fights again in September, I think they should start pushing for a match up between the two before any talks of a Cotto, Pacquiao or Mayweather.
      I didn't think so. I don't really care who Lara fights but if they wanna give him a shot at Canelo like the WBC said he SHOULD be the co main event. If Top Rank and GBP don't come to an agreement we can always get Lara-Quintana too while Canelo fights Kirkland. That's of course if Kirkland is ready by September.
      Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
      JCC JR is the El Dinero de Vaca.

Canela is the Old Hombre de Stupido.
      Your spanish is hilarious.

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
      Id prefer Lara vs Angulo in the undercard
      That would be a good match up too and worthy of a PPV but Angulo has those immigration problems. So most likely not gonna happen.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      It better not be Alvarez-Quintana. While that wouldn't be a terrible fight, given Quintana winning a decent fight on the biggest PPV fight of the year, it's not even close to PPV Main Event worthy.

They should do something like this......

Alvarez-Kirkland
      Molina-Williams
      Lara-Vanes
      Quintana-Dzinziruk

That'd be great. It won't happen like that, probably not even close. But that'd be my pick.
      Lol dude, you be listing like dream match ups for PPV's. You know we ain't gonna get that type of PPV all stacked up. Remember it's supposed to be main event good, co main even decent then the last 2 ok/****ty.

Comment

Canelo headlines not because of his record but simply because he is a huge moneymaker. I am in the minority, but I think Canelo is a very good fighter, that may become a great fighter. I think this not because he has beaten anybody that good, but because of the skills, heart, and dedication to his craft that I think I see in him.I would love to see him fight Kirkland and then the Lara vs. Vanes winner. I think he beats them both. Mosley says he is ready for the best and he should know.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Canelo headlines not because of his record but simply because he is a huge moneymaker. I am in the minority, but I think Canelo is a very good fighter, that may become a great fighter. I think this not because he has beaten anybody that good, but because of the skills, heart, and dedication to his craft that I think I see in him.I would love to see him fight Kirkland and then the Lara vs. Vanes winner. I think he beats them both. Mosley says he is ready for the best and he should know.
          Im a fan of Canelo and I can't agree with you or Mosley. He hasn't fought anybody yet who has given him a fight and it's not cause he's that 'good'. It's just cause he's been fighting ****ty opposition/washed up fighters. He made the Mosley fight look KINDA competitive and Mosley is SHOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Canelo still has no business headlining a ppv event, at all.
            Seeing as the guy rakes in the buys, I think you would be wrong in that assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Agree..........

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Im a fan of Canelo and I can't agree with you or Mosley. He hasn't fought anybody yet who has given him a fight and it's not cause he's that 'good'. It's just cause he's been fighting ****ty opposition/washed up fighters. He made the Mosley fight look KINDA competitive and Mosley is SHOT.
              What fukin fight were you watching? It was hard to watch, I thought the fight should have been stopped and they should have saved Mosley from himself. He was taking a serious beating, it wasn't competitive in the least.

Comment

Canelo vs Kirkland and Cotto vs Bundrage. If Cotto and Canelo win they could fight next summer in MSG on the eve of the PR parade.

Comment

cotto vs. canelo would sell tons of ppv, plus it would be an action packed fight ..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    What fukin fight were you watching? It was hard to watch, I thought the fight should have been stopped and they should have saved Mosley from himself. He was taking a serious beating, it wasn't competitive in the least.
                    He kept Mosley in the fight, while Mayweather and Pacquiao took him out completely. Canelo managed to hurt Mosley in like 11th or 12th round and that was it. Come on man, you're agreeing with that dude above that Canelo is ready for some GOOD and LIVE fighters when in reality he really isn't. His D still sucks.

Comment

Canelo- Kirkland in September

Canelo- Cotto on cinco de mayo weekend 2013. That will do Huge numbers. May even do a co- main event with Mayweather-khan.

Comment

Working...
                      X