Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Floyd beats Mosley, should he move up if the Pacquiao fight doesn't happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IDK. The reason this question keeps popping up is because Floyd's in a real bad spot if he beats Mosley enough to where a rematch isn't warrented. If he decided to fight Berto, I'd have to respect it, but he isn't ready for that yet. Maybe in 2011 at the earliest, but not yet. I hope Floyd and HBO realize they can make that fight bigger by building it up more. He wouldn't get any credit for Bradley. Spinks and Foreman are bigger, but I don't see Mayweather getting that much credit or publicity for that either. The only 154 pounders he could realistically fight and get credit for are Pwill and Martinez, and if I were his advisor, I wouldn't advise fighting those guys until I got the biggest payday outta the way with Pac. He could fight WBA interm champ Vyacheslav Senchenko, who in all honestly Shane Mosley should had fought to say busy and get a paycheck, but IDK if that fight would have enough reward for Mayweather. If he dominates Mosley, he may be up a creek and without a paddle.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
      I can understand if you don't like the guy, but come on don't take it that far. Floyd would NEVER fight Matthew Hatton. HBO wouldn't even accept that fight, and Schaefer made it clear that they never talked with Hatton Promotions about that fight. Didn't Matt just have a close fight with a 40 year old journeyman? The Khan-Malignaggi and Campbell-Ortiz winner would bring no money, and they both have Bradley to worry about as a mandatory. And he's not fighting anymore small opponents.
      i've learned that w/ floyd, never say never. they contradict themselves so much you don't know what they gonna do until they do it.

so I wouldn't rule out a fight w/ 140 lbers or w/ matt hatton in england. I mean floyd himself said he'd love to fight in england.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        i've learned that w/ floyd, never say never. they contradict themselves so much you don't know what they gonna do until they do it.

so I wouldn't rule out a fight w/ 140 lbers or w/ matt hatton in england. I mean floyd himself said he'd love to fight in england.
        if he got 25 mil to fight mathew hatton, then yes he would fight him. what is your point?

Comment

Floyd's ducking Mosley. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Comment

Well I can't say I don't agree with you about the never say never part, especially since jrosales showed me that article about Mayweather-Malignaggi being in the works for March 13th. I just think Matt would be a step too far out of the zone. Nobody would accept it, not even HBO. The guy's best fight was a draw with a journeyman, blown up version of Lovemore N'Dou who hadn't trained for 60% of his camp. At least Mayweather's other overmatched opponents had an accomplishment (or an overhyped accomplishment). I suppose a JWW would be somewhat possible, but it wouldn't bring any money. Malignaggi is the only guy who would have brought enough money for Floyd, but once Khan is done with him, he has Bradley to worry about as a mandatory. It seems like GBP is trying to build Khan up as an opponent for Floyd, but he has too much to worry about with that title. Same goes for the Ortiz-Campbell winner, even though they wouldn't bring enough money regardless.

The only logical fight at 147 would be Berto, but I wouldn't want to see that fight unless he got past Cotto (assuming Cotto beats Foreman).
            Last edited by BoxerDood; 04-20-2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

May ODH 2

I think if Pac doesn't make fight with Floyd, ODh coming out of retirement for the 2nd fight makes the most sense. No other fighter can get floyd any more money.

If floyd SOMEHOW ko's shane (unlikely IMO) then Bob would keep manny away so he can fight the cotto yuri winner for the 154 lb title. Paul williams or berto doesn't guarantee floyd big $.

Oscar come out of retirement and they fight with the max weight being 158lbs or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                I think if Pac doesn't make fight with Floyd, ODh coming out of retirement for the 2nd fight makes the most sense. No other fighter can get floyd any more money.

If floyd SOMEHOW ko's shane (unlikely IMO) then Bob would keep manny away so he can fight the cotto yuri winner for the 154 lb title. Paul williams or berto doesn't guarantee floyd big $.

Oscar come out of retirement and they fight with the max weight being 158lbs or something like that.
                Oscar's done. Now and Forever. Floyd doesn't have great options after Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

No...Even Matthew Hatton would present a bigger challenge than Oscar at this point. He's like 37, and he's focused on promoting now. He retired because he couldn't box the way he used to anymore. He said it himself during the press conference.

Someone needs to get built up to fight Floyd. GBP is trying to build Khan up to fight him later on, but I don't want to see that, and once Bradley beats Maidana, Khan has to answer to him.

Here's how the JMW division plays out as being a possible opponent for Floyd:

Foreman: A possible choice. He's just needs two big wins at 154 to become a legit opponent in my opinion (Cotto and Maybe the Cintron-Williams winner or Spinks)
                  Spinks: He would need like three big wins because of his inactivity
                  Cintron: Only needs to beat Williams to become a good opponent for Floyd
                  Angulo: Has a looong way to go. He'd probably need like 5 big wins, and Julio wouldn't count as one of them. He'd also need to get a rematch with Cintron and win.

And the JWW and WW division:

Berto: If he beats Cotto, then he'd be a good choice
                  Bradley: He'd need to beat Khan, Ortiz, Alexander, and then move up and face Berto or something first
                  Alexander: Same as Bradley
                  Last edited by BoxerDood; 04-20-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal Barca View Post
                    If he beats Mosely and Pac continues ducking the mega fight, I think Floyd should fight Berto.
                    Agreed 100% people can say what they want but Berto is undefeated he has a belt and is a legitimate champion why are people acting like he got aids or something? I said that Pac would get alot of credit for fighting Berto and same goes for Floyd, Berto is a reasonable choice and anyone that says otherwise is a godamn fool or has an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by j.one View Post
                      Agreed 100% people can say what they want but Berto is undefeated he has a belt and is a legitimate champion why are people acting like he got aids or something? I said that Pac would get alot of credit for fighting Berto and same goes for Floyd, Berto is a reasonable choice and anyone that says otherwise is a godamn fool or has an agenda.
                      I just think Berto should fight Cotto first, and if he wins then he can fight Floyd. I don't know...I just don't think a guy whose best wins are a close war with Collazo and a KO over Collazo is good enough. Although it would look better on Floyd's resume than Ricky Hatton for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X