No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Miguel Cotto Looks Fierce in KO of Rodriguez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Miguel Cotto Looks Fierce in KO of Rodriguez

ORLANDO, Florida — Puerto Rican boxer Miguel Cotto stopped Delvin Rodriguez in the third round on Saturday in his comeback fight after dropping his last two bouts last year.

Cotto, a former three-division champion, improved to 38-4 with his 31st knockout in the junior middleweight bout, getting out to a quick start in his first fight since losing unanimous decisions to Austin Trout and Floyd Mayweather Jr. last year.

"It feels good to win and be able to do it in front of a wonderful crowd," Cotto said. "I thought I hit him with some good shots early and I was able to get the stop."

Cotto attacked Rodriguez from the sound of the bell, going after him with left hooks to the body. Near the end of the second round, Cotto landed a strong combination, finishing with a left hook to the head that staggered Rodriguez. [Click Here To Read More]

bad stoppage but a much needed win for cotto. congrads

Comment

I'm a Cotto fan but let's not jump on the Cotto bandwagon just yet. I mean he was coming off of two losses and last night he fought "whatever his name is."

I would love to see Cotto get another good money fight perhaps with Canelo. But the only problem is that Canelo is no punching bag. I think Canelo would still thump my Boricua com-padre.

Comment

Cotto was too big for this fight. Too "fierce"...
        Delvin was a "great opponent" -- too great...

Comment

At first I said Nooooo!!! Horrible stoppage. And after I rewatched the fight like 5 times I changed my mind. Rodriguez was still fresh yes , it was only the third round. But the way the fight was going already you felt like it was going to stop by k.o. soon. And when you look at the shot that hurt Delvin and the he he looked out of it on his feet I think was reason enough to stop.

It was only 18 seconds into the round and he had eaten two monster shots and the ropes were basically keeping him up.

Cottl is only 33. I get so upset when I see guys like B-hop and Marquez , even Erik Morales etc etc .. who haven't retired yet. And Cotto is only 33, and he still has plenty left. I'm not going to hype the win. I don't think anybody is really hyping the win. It's just the way he looked. He looked young , fast , agile , he looked like he had received a new body. That's what I'm most excited about. I wasn't giving him a chance against Canelo with that defensive passive style he was bringing lately , but if he is coming like a lion to kill and the way he looked so energetic I do give him a chance against anybody and a really good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
            bad stoppage but a much needed win for cotto. congrads
            Wasn't really a bad stoppage because Delvin got rocked before the previous rd ended and then got out down to start that rd. He woke have gotten up and got out right back down. Ref saved him from taking unnecessary punishment.

Comment

we love boxing so much we accept anyone they hype up. all the talk this rodriguez guy really isn't that good and doesn't deserve to be in a headliner of this magnitude.

Comment

Hold up everyone. This was Delvin Rodriguez. DELVIN RODRIGUEZ.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  Hold up everyone. This was Delvin Rodriguez. DELVIN RODRIGUEZ.
                  Nah really I didn't know that. Good stuff Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by theproof View Post
                    we love boxing so much we accept anyone they hype up. all the talk this rodriguez guy really isn't that good and doesn't deserve to be in a headliner of this magnitude.
                    he isnt a top fighter for sure but he is a solid one, for cotto to dispose of him that quick and easily was impressive especially at 154.

Comment

Working...
                    X