Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Shane Mosley have stuck around for another crack at a Angulo or Kirkland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Shane Mosley have stuck around for another crack at a Angulo or Kirkland?

Since Floyd, he fought nothing but Boxers, movers, slicksters, fast handed guys. Guys he has trouble with stylistically. But as far as I'm concerned he still didn't show any weaknesses against the Margarito style fighters.

I sure would have liked to know what would've happened against Angulo or Kirkland. Does he knock them out too, like Margarito, or does he finally get knocked out? And considering the way he dropped Mayorga and Vargas in his last outings at 154, who knows.

I'm saying, win or loss, those are the style match up's that he should've went out on.

Comment

I dont think so, I think Mosley would have taken a bad beating againt Angulo and Kirkland will be a toss up.

Comment

HELL NO.......JUST NO

Actually log off for tonight and come back tomoz

Comment

For what? Shane was done. No need to go in there against Angulo or Kirkland. 2 dumb ass match ups for him. Makes zero sense.

Comment

no way in his last fight against Canelo he was completely lost the best thing he did was call it quits...

Comment

No..........

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Since Floyd, he fought nothing but Boxers, movers, slicksters, fast handed guys. Guys he has trouble with stylistically. But as far as I'm concerned he still didn't show any weaknesses against the Margarito style fighters.

I sure would have liked to know what would've happened against Angulo or Kirkland. Does he knock them out too, like Margarito, or does he finally get knocked out? And considering the way he dropped Mayorga and Vargas in his last outings at 154, who knows.

alvarez is a bit of a technician, but he's far from a boxer, mover, slickster, speedster, etc.

and alvarez beat him up the worst.

it was time to go. if he stuck around he was going to be even more of a stepping stone, for even lesser fighters. it would have been awful to watch.

Comment

He knows!!! Thankfully he won't be back too!! This isn't baseball when the fastball is to fast and the breaking balls seem to fall off the earth!! Its boxing where you get perminetely hurt or killed!!! You don't "play boxing" you live it then you get out hopefully with your senses intact and some money if you were good enough! This guy was a very good boxer who had style and decent power, together thats a combination he used very effectively.
                  Thanks Shane for entertaining so many who appreciate your skills!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    alvarez is a bit of a technician, but he's far from a boxer, mover, slickster, speedster, etc.

Alright, you got me. I tried to include every "catch" phrase that is used around here for a non-aggressive, non-come forward type fighter.

So to correct my post. Since Floyd, he fought nothing but Boxers, movers, slicksters, fast handed and Technicians.

Now, carry on.

Comment

Working...
                    X