No announcement yet.

"12 Rounds With Max Kellerman" See Max's Prediction of Calzaghe vs Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "12 Rounds With Max Kellerman" See Max's Prediction of Calzaghe vs Jones

I guess with all the things happening in America now - i.e. Barack's beautiful victory in becoming our President Elect in an immensely satisfying and historic campaign battle - I figure that the next step in logic is to assume that Roy Jones Jr. will give the American People a great upset over "Super" Joe Calzaghe. This thought is furthered as I watch the footage available on HBO.com and Fighthype.com of Roy and Joe each refining their skills for saturday night. Though Joe looks really good, to borrow a phrase that dwyer @ gamblersadvisory.com said, Roy looks like he is going through some sort of a renaissance.

Roy looks amazing, as if he really has turned back the clock. However, Max Kellerman seems to think differently. Below is a link to an article I found at HBO.com entitled "12 Rounds with Max Kellerman". Here is a brief breakdown of his analysis of the upcoming fight:

Size - Calzaghe
    Strength - Calzaghe
    Speed - Calzaghe
    Jab - Calzaghe
    Defense - Calzaghe
    Experience - Jones
    Ability to take a Punch - Calzaghe
    Fighting Inside - Calzaghe
    Counterpunching - Jones
    Conditioning - Calzaghe
    Ring Generalship - Calzaghe
    Heart - Calzaghe

Overall - Calzaghe 118-110 over jones

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/200...12_rounds.html

I must say that even though I am a fan of Kellerman - and he even says in the article that he believes that in Roy's prime, the answer to all of those different style questions would have unquestionably gone for Roy - I must disagree with him. He left out the X factor. In any fight, though one person may posses many advantages over another fighter, if that underdog brings something to the table that cannot be matched like a brother dying in Margarito's case quite some time ago, or Buster's mother dying before the Tyson fight, you have to figure that in. In this case, I believe that X factor for Roy is his NEED to disply his greatness once again against all of the odds.

I don't know if Roy will win or not. The overall odds and attributes have to go to Calzaghe. But **** it, I say Roy over Calzaghe in a mid to wide decision.
    Last edited by LRcie03; 11-05-2008, 11:10 PM. Reason: make URL avliable to click

i'm definitely pulling for roy . . . but i dont see it happening. but if he can pull out one more great performance and get the win it would be amazing!
    Last edited by -Boxzilla-; 11-05-2008, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I would never question Calzaghe's will. He seems very confident. The fact that he overcame early adversity against Hopkins and Kessler both makes me believe that.

Comment

He said Roy Jones was faster then Robinson....that's interesting. It's not a blasphemous claim by any means, but I'm not sure I agree with it.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
          He said Roy Jones was faster then Robinson....that's interesting. It's not a blasphemous claim by any means, but I'm not sure I agree with it.
          You pulling for Joe on Saturday Warp?

Comment

WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND PAYS ATTENTION TO WHAT KELLERMAN SAYS??? HE'S A HACK....

Comment

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.... BUT KELLERMAN ONCE SAID THAT A FIGHTER THAT HAD 15 TITLE DEFENCES, ALL WON BY KO, WAS THE WORST CHAMPION IN HISTORY. I GUESS HE NEVER HEARD OF FRIAS, MANCINI,HAUGEN,PAZ,ETC.ETC. HE'S A MORON!....

Comment

He says Calzaghe has more HEART than Roy? Right then I knew he was nuts. Roy has the most heart out of any fighter amongst the sport today, and I don't just say this because I'm such a fan. He fought Bernard Hopkins with a broken right hand. His right bicep was torn when he fought Trinidad. He showed how deep he could dig in the first fight with Tarver when he was extremely exhausted. Calzaghe hasn't yet been in a situation that really, TRULY tested his heart.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
                  He says Calzaghe has more HEART than Roy? Right then I knew he was nuts. Roy has the most heart out of any fighter amongst the sport today, and I don't just say this because I'm such a fan. He fought Bernard Hopkins with a broken right hand. His right bicep was torn when he fought Trinidad. He showed how deep he could dig in the first fight with Tarver when he was extremely exhausted. Calzaghe hasn't yet been in a situation that really, TRULY tested his heart.
                  I agree, Jones has shown his heart on numerous occasions. Calzaghe showed significant heart to come back strong from his early knock down against BHop though. These ratings are ridiculous anyway, a total waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    Roy was probably faster than SRR (and maybe anybody else too). That doesn't necessarily make him better though.

Comment

Working...
                    X