Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should Wlad vs Pianeta be a non title fight?

Wlad has been a good champion. Its not his fault the era he has ruled has been so weak. But should this fight really be for the heavyweight championship of the world? You can't complain about Wlad racking up defenses against weak comp when they're (in this day and age) top contenders who have beaten other contenders and/or top 20 fighters. But guys like Wach, and now Pianeta should be non title fights. I have no problem with Wlad trying to stay busy, but padding your defenses against no hopers who haven't earned the privledge of fighting tor the championship is cheap. I see the usual suspects trying to make this guy out to be a respectable opponent. They gloat that he's undefeated, big and in his prime. But when you dig a little deeper you realize he has fought a few washed up fighters and guys who won't even be considered journeymen in a couple of years. His best win is a draw against Sosnowski and he is 3-3-1 since they fought. And you you watch Pianeta fight he's slow and amateurish. This should be a non title fight. It will be nothing more than a sparring match until Wlad drops the hammer on him.
    Non-title fight
    46.88%
    Title fight
    53.13%

The poll is expired.

.........no

Comment

Yeah I agree. Him being undefeated and a good size are about the only things he does have going for him. I can't fault Wladimir for it but I'd really like to see him in with somebody a bit better than Pianeta.

Maybe I am being a little harsh on the guy but from what I have seen, hes absolutely useless. I can't even lie and big him up a bit, the guy is rubbish.

Aslong as Wladimir fights Povetkin, Pulev or somebody half decent in the summer, I'm happy.

Would rather see Pianeta fight Fury or someone he doesn't deserve a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        .........no
        You think Pianeta is a worthy challenger for the heavyweight championship?

Comment

I'm a big fan of Wladimir but he isn't doing his legacy much good taking these stay busy fights.

Okay a lot of guys ''aren't ready'' and all that but surely there is better guys available than the likes of Thompson rematch, Mormeck, Pianeta and even Wach.

Fury, Pulev, Povetkin, Jennings, surely somebody a bit more meaningful and deserving is ready.

Pianeta isn't worthy of lacing Wlads boots but I suppose it'll have to do until Price, Fury, Glazkov and that feel they're ready.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Yeah I agree. Him being undefeated and a good size are about the only things he does have going for him. I can't fault Wladimir for it but I'd really like to see him in with somebody a bit better than Pianeta.

Maybe I am being a little harsh on the guy but from what I have seen, hes absolutely useless. I can't even lie and big him up a bit, the guy is rubbish.

Aslong as Wladimir fights Povetkin, Pulev or somebody half decent in the summer, I'm happy.

Would rather see Pianeta fight Fury or someone he doesn't deserve a shot.
            Agreed. I got no problem with him trying to stay sharp, I just don't think this should be a title fight. I have no doubt Wlad destroys Povetkin as easily as he does Pianeta, but that's a true championship fight. This....this is garbage.

Comment

Never even heard of the guy to be honest

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                Never even heard of the guy to be honest
                Are you kidding? This guy is very popular in Germany. One of the new breed of heavyweight.

Comment

Poll added. Vote and discuss.

Comment

He fought Oliver Mccall like two fights ago. That says alot.

Side note:
                    Can't believe Oliver McCall is still fighting!

double side note:
                    Hopkins is older than McCall!

Comment

Working...
                    X