Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Eyes Hatton Revenge, Targets Senchenko For 4/20

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Khan doesn't drain Senchenko, he gets stopped at 147. Props to him for wanting this tall order though. I tune in to all Khan's fights.

Comment

He should then get revenge for Matthew Hatton and fight Saul Alvarez

Comment

Would be dumb if they brought him down to 140 because to me it only makes sense for him to do it at WW so that he will be forced to pay attention to his boxing even tho Senchenko isn't a huge puncher. I would like to see how far Khan can go in weight

I wanted to see the Lopez matchup, maybe they think a firefight with him isn't what would be best right now? idk. I still want to see that fight but maybe this way maybe Lopez won't be forced back down to 140 in short time either

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          I didn't think that one out, did I? lol. I meant, he should try to actually live up to the image that people have of him. Fans see him as a guy that takes on everyone, but I think that's bullshit.
          You don't think Khan takes on everyone or at the very least very tough fights? Or you didn't think that one thru either? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            You don't think Khan takes on everyone or at the very least very tough fights? Or you didn't think that one thru either? Lol
            I don't think Khan is as fearless as he's portrayed to be. Just because he can get stopped/beat up/embarrassed and not take a blow to his ego, doesn't mean that he's willing to fight the biggest/baddest/toughest. If he wanted to prove something, he would fight Matthysse/Allakhverdiev. He only has two wins on his resume that I respect (Maidana/Judah). He caught a debatable L from Peterson, lost to Garcia, and is in the rebuilding process. He fights a LW prospect @LWW, doesn't show much progress. Now he wants to bring a WW down to LWW, does that sound like a fighter who's confident in his abilities? Dude is always talkin shit without the skill to back it up. I usually don't criticize Khan cuz it's clear that he has a few screws loose, but it gets annoying after a while. He makes it real easy to dislike him too.

EDIT: Kotelnik was a respectable win too
            Last edited by kiaba360; 01-16-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
              Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

I don't think Khan is as fearless as he's portrayed to be. Just because he can get stopped/beat up/embarrassed and not take a blow to his ego, doesn't mean that he's willing to fight the biggest/baddest/toughest. If he wanted to prove something, he would fight Matthysse/Allakhverdiev. He only has two wins on his resume that I respect (Maidana/Judah). He caught a debatable L from Peterson, lost to Garcia, and is in the rebuilding process. He fights a LW prospect @LWW, doesn't show much progress. Now he wants to bring a WW down to LWW, does that sound like a fighter who's confident in his abilities? Dude is always talkin **** without the skill to back it up. I usually don't criticize Khan cuz it's clear that he has a few screws loose, but it gets annoying after a while. He makes it real easy to dislike him too.

EDIT: Kotelnik was a respectable win too
              Listen. You may not like Khan and that's fine with me but you can't question his heart and willingless to fight, win or lose (even the biggest Khan hater will tell you this). He's fought the best in his division. The Paulie fight wasn't credible? He even stopped him. The Molina fight is not passable but understandable given the circumstances. He's coming from a KO loss and has a new trainer.

PS Your presence is needed in the new Donaire thread. Make sure you quote and reply to the most ridiculous posts (there's plenty).

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Listen. You may not like Khan and that's fine with me but you can't question his heart and willingless to fight, win or lose (even the biggest Khan hater will tell you this). He's fought the best in his division. The Paulie fight wasn't credible? He even stopped him. The Molina fight is not passable but understandable given the circumstances. He's coming from a KO loss and has a new trainer.

PS Your presence is needed in the new Donaire thread. Make sure you quote and reply to the most ridiculous posts (there's plenty).

Paulie had very few weapons at his disposal to bother a fighter with Khan's attributes. Paulie simply wasn't a threat and I don't think much of him as a fighter. He almost lost to Cano and is going to fight Mosley next. If he loses to Mosley, it'd be an understatement to say that Khan's win would not have aged well.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Paulie had very few weapons at his disposal to bother a fighter with Khan's attributes. The win itself is fine, but Paulie wasn't a threat and I don't think much of him as a fighter. He almost lost to Cano and is going to fight Mosley next. If he loses to Mosley, it'd be an understatement to say that Khan's win would not have aged well.
                  That's true. But as bad as Paulie looked his last fight, Mosley has looked worst. I can't see Hands of Steel losing this one.

Comment

So i guess Khan's coming to welter in hopes to fight Brook. After Devon beats Brook Khan will go back to jr.welter.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lou
                      So i guess Khan's coming to welter in hopes to fight Brook. After Devon beats Brook Khan will go back to jr.welter.
                      Yea man... I would not wanna get hugged for 12 rounds either, ya know?

Comment

Working...
                      X