Collapse
No announcement yet.

I actually think khans lack of power is the problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His power is fine. Ortiz couldn't drop Peterson late on... Garcia also has a tough chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      If he was trying to punch properly, he would be punching considerably harder, but he also wouldn't be landing as frequently.

That's why people often compare his style to amateurs. His style hasn't evolved to a pro one.
      Agreed, he doesn't sit down on his punches.

Comment

he's just not that good, maybe he can be better, but atm he is just not a smart boxer

Comment

For a “great" fighter this dude sure has a lot of flaws. Just sayin'

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            It's because he wastes punches. He throws needless combinations. He threw a lead left hook, right uppercut when he got caught by Garcia - wtf kinda dumbass combo is that? When a 1-2 would've kept Garcia pretty helpless

Roach has trained him to be a Pacquiao-esque flurrying puncher. It works for Pacquiao because he can hurt you even with those kinds of flurries.

If Khan would just calm down, throw less, stick the jab and sit on his punches more - he'd be a pretty formidable fighter.

The Paulie Malignaggi fight is the blueprint for me. He beat Paulie basically with a stiff jab and eventually broke him down to the point where he could throw bigger combos n get the stoppage. That's when I believed Roach was doing the right things with him but they seemed to deviate from that towards the end...
            Good post.

If he could maintain his composure and stay calm, his offense would be much more accurate.

Comment

Khan beats Floyd

Comment

you dont have to have power to be good or even great. look at winky and floyd. hell look at chris byrd in there with heavyweights while having no power who had a better career than khan.

Comment

He has decent power.

His ring instincts/IQ and numerous technical flaws are the big issues, not his power.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
                    For a “great" fighter this dude sure has a lot of flaws. Just sayin'

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                    Anyone calling him great hasn't been paying attention.

I don't think they still exist if they ever did.

Comment

I don't think anyone ever called khan great

He's GOOD though, 2 world titles and an Olympic silver, how many percentage of all the boxers out there can claim better? Maybe 1%

So yeah, good but not great

Comment

Working...
                      X