Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whaaa? Haye refuses to put the WBA belt on the line?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whaaa? Haye refuses to put the WBA belt on the line?

New idiocy from David Nay:

Haye’s WBA title may not be on the line for Klitschko fight due to referee issue:

David Haye’s WBA heavyweight title may not be on the line for Saturday’s clash with IBF/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko due to Haye and his camp not being happy with the choice of the referee working the fight. According to fight news, referee Genaro Rodriguez is slated to work Saturday’s fight.

Haye has a problem with Rodriguez being the referee, as he previously worked four of Wladimir’s fights in the past, not all of them wins though.

The World Boxing Association is threatening not to sanction the Klitschko-Haye fight, according to the Haye camp.

Without Haye’s WBA title on the line, it’s kind of a pointless fight for Wladimir because that was his main reason for fighting Haye in the first place.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...#ixzz1QfKrgxyU
    Another dirty trick from David Haye
    73.91%
    Valid point
    13.04%
    Can't say
    13.04%
    Last edited by hweightblogger; 06-29-2011, 07:20 AM.

I don't really understand this referee rubbish. For me, it doesn't really change anything. Haye isn't winning a decision he has to knock him out so the referee isn't a huge issue. Neither do i care if it's for any titles.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
      Neither do i care if it's for any titles.
      But it would be ridiculous if Haye could win all of Klitschko's belts but not vice versa.

If WBA goes with Haye, they should rename themselves to WCA ("World crooks association").

Comment

Genaro Rodriguez is a GREAT ref

Comment

Choose a ref both are happy with. Simple.

Comment

What happened to all you need is a ref that can count to ten David?

Comment

Why doesn't Wlad just get the ref changed then? For the record I'm a Haye fan but I don't see why Haye is unhappy with the ref and it's bull**** if the WBA title isn't on the line! I like Wlad too though.

Comment

Fight is still going ahead, it's just if Wlad wants the WBA belt. Like Haye said he's doing everything Wlad doesn't want in the lead up to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
                  What happened to all you need is a ref that can count to ten David?
                  Haye is obviously really not very confident if he's this worried about this ref, who by the way has a good reputation in the USA.

Comment

Titles have become meaningless anyway. I just hope that this doesn't cause any problems or delays with the fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X