No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez-Barker, Lee-Vera Double Eyed For Vegas, NYC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Martinez-Barker, Lee-Vera Double Eyed For Vegas, NYC

Promoter Lou DiBella confirmed to BoxingScene.com that he reached an agreement with Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing for an October 1 clash between middleweight king Sergio Martinez (47-2, 26KOs) and undefeated British boxer Darren Barker (23-0, 14KOs). According to DiBella, the fight will either take place in Las Vegas or New York City.

[Click Here To Read More]

Not really interested in this event. You would think arguably the best fighter in the world in action and a rematch of what was a pretty interesting first fight would be can't miss but this doesn't sit right. Martinez should be fighting stiffer competition and Lee/Vera despite being a solid fight neither do anything that great. Hopefully SHO puts a card on the same night.

Comment

Here's an idea, lee Vs mcewing rematch!

Seriously, that fight was awesome, foty easily, why the f isn't that an immediate rematch?

Comment

lee vs vera the rematch we all waited for. the first lee vs vera fight was on espn but now the second is on hbo. the quality of the fights shown on hbo has fallen off drastically. oh well maybe the winner will fight mora on ppv? hey everybody if you want to ask hbo for money now's the time because the execs are doped up or dying or something!
        Last edited by daggum; 06-13-2011, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          lee vs vera the rematch we all waited for. the first lee vs vera fight was on espn but now the second is on hbo. the quality of the fights shown on hbo has fallen off drastically. oh well maybe the winner will fight mora on ppv?
          for a televised opener i think lee vs. vera is legit. the fight was entertaining. both fighters have also moved up in rank since their first fight. this is lee's chance to prove he deserves a shot at a champ. since he is promoted by dibella, likely if they both win, it will be Lee vs. Martinez in early 2012 @ madison square garden.

i still think that lee poses a threat to martinez simply due to his range. he can take a step back and keep that jab in martinez's face. im a little partial and bias towards lee, though. of course sergio should be heavily favored, but i give lee a better chance than a lot of guys.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            for a televised opener i think lee vs. vera is legit. the fight was entertaining. both fighters have also moved up in rank since their first fight. this is lee's chance to prove he deserves a shot at a champ. since he is promoted by dibella, likely if they both win, it will be Lee vs. Martinez in early 2012 @ madison square garden.

i still think that lee poses a threat to martinez simply due to his range. he can take a step back and keep that jab in martinez's face. im a little partial and bias towards lee, though. of course sergio should be heavily favored, but i give lee a better chance than a lot of guys.
            if lee wins he will probably start getting his own mismatch fights on hbo just like martinez and chavez jr. another star is born.......................err made.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibella
              I can [go?] through a list of guys that we tried to get.
              I would love to hear it. Boxing Scene reporters, go ask him.

Comment

Not interested at all in this fight. It's sad seeing the P4P #1 fighter (Martinez) and the #3 fighter (Pacquiao) fighting weak competition to end the year.

Comment

Martinez pretty much wasted 2011.

Comment

what a **** card..dibella step yo game up son

Comment

Working...
                    X