Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can Vitali Klitschko be an ATG heavyweight if he couldn't beat an old Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
    Guys like Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Holyfield, etc. proved themselves against other elite heavyweights, neither Klitschko brother has done that.
    To be fair to them there aren't to many around to prove themselves against, and Against Lewis Vitali was not at his prime and Lewis is a great heavyweight and even at that time in his career he hit very hard, And Vitali got cut its not like he got k.o'd. If Wlad Beats Haye he has to be regarded as a ATG Heavyweight cause he would of beaten the best in the division and reigned as champ for quite a long time, Vitali hasn't really had many Defining fights but there's not really many to fight to make a great fight, if Wlad beats Haye convincingly I doubt Haye would fight Vitali, Vitali will most likely beat Adamek who is ranked highly, what more can he do to prove himself?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaMan! View Post
      Well to be fair the Lewis fight was controversial and Lewis refused to give him a rematch. He must of been drinking some of that Gayweather juice. But you already know all that.
      Why would he want to give him a rematch, after that fight Lewis realized he was too old and past his prime. Anyone could see Lewis was out of shape with shades of grey in his hair and beard. I am glad he called it quits after that fight, he had no motivation to carry on. If he had lost maybe he would have had the motivation for a rematch or maybe not. Not everyone wants to go out like Tyson or carry on fighting till they are 70 like Evander.

Comment

I thought that (against Lewis) was Vitali best fight, and he lost... I don't consider them ATGs but no doubt their fans will disagree.

One thing I will back them up on, they can only beat what's out there, so if the division is weak, it's hardly their fault.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Why would he want to give him a rematch, after that fight Lewis realized he was too old and past his prime. Anyone could see Lewis was out of shape with shades of grey in his hair and beard. I am glad he called it quits after that fight, he had no motivation to carry on. If he had lost maybe he would have had the motivation for a rematch or maybe not. Not everyone wants to go out like Tyson or carry on fighting till they are 70 like Evander.
          Yeah I agree it was his decision but the fight definitely warranted a rematch.

Comment

An ATG? For beating who, Chris Arreola? Kevin Johnson? Being Wlad's brother?

Don't make me laugh.

Comment

He's not ATG. He's a damn good HW who could have fought in pretty much any era, but you have to beat someone to be an ATG.

Can't be an ATG based on fantasy fights.

Comment

Lewis was'nt thought to be old before that fight. If you've seen that fight you would realise that Vitali got the better of him other than the cut. Lewis was all of a sudden super old after the fight. His hair was grey and everything. He had to retire not because of Vitali but because he was getting Alziemers.

Comment

I thought Lewis beat him comfortably, there were maybe two close rounds you could give to Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by xAUGUSTUSx View Post
                    Lewis was'nt thought to be old before that fight. If you've seen that fight you would realise that Vitali got the better of him other than the cut. Lewis was all of a sudden super old after the fight. His hair was grey and everything. He had to retire not because of Vitali but because he was getting Alziemers.
                    Yup, and other than the KO Roy Jones was getting the better of Tarver in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
                      Guys like Ali, Foreman, Frazier, Holyfield, etc. proved themselves against other elite heavyweights, neither Klitschko brother has done that.
                      You do realise the only reason those guys were considered elite is because they fought the men you mentioned right? It's not the Klits fault nobody else wants to be champion. Just being 40 years old and dominating the way he is as a HW should honestly speak for itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X