No announcement yet.

Sometimes my arm gets dislocated.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes my arm gets dislocated.

My arm got dislocated durring sparring yesterday. I still beat the guy with just my left but I never really throw my right as much because of that same reason. I even dazed him with a left hook. It comes out like every 6 months or so. It usually dislocates when I throw any right punch(especially a right hook)with bad form. I guess that's my body's ****ed up way of telling me that I threw a bad punch. It heals up after 2 days but the doctor told me I need surgery and I shouldn't box. I remember hearing that Cory Spinks had a bad right shoulder and I noticed that he hardly throws it. After his surgery he kept boxing. Should I keep boxing after shoulder surgery?

The shoulder is one of the easier joints to fix because it doesn't bear weight, like the knee for instance. Still, I wouldn't bet it will be quite the same after you get it operated. On the other hand, it will get looser and looser if you keep punching it out of joint. I'd say the decision is yours, but know that once they go into the joint, cutting across muscle, nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue, they can't put this stuff back together the way it was. For a good example of what I'm talking about, look at Michael Jackson's face....

Comment

It happened to me once in a fight a guys head smashed into my shoulder and my right arm popped out of place and I had to get a doctor to pop it back in. And for maybe 7 or 8 months after it would come out maybe once every couple of months but it would snap right back into place after but it hasnt bothered me now in a while but its been a year since it happened dislocated originally and maybe four or 5 months since it came out since. The doctor told me surgury would help but my OHIP wont pay for it unles it dislocates badly again. I had to start doing different weight exercises with my shoulder to help it.

Comment

mine does the same thing where it pops out every once in a while. It hurts a bit the morning after but that's about it for me and once it comes out. The doctor said it might be damaged tendons or ligaments in my case. For exercises do you by chance to the blackburn exercises?

Comment

Originally posted by tebe6sm
          mine does the same thing where it pops out every once in a while. It hurts a bit the morning after but that's about it for me and once it comes out. The doctor said it might be damaged tendons or ligaments in my case. For exercises do you by chance to the blackburn exercises?
          Blackburn exercizes? What are those? I sometimes stretch my shoulder by bringing my arm across my chest and pressing my left wrist against my right elbow. It helps to reenforce my joint and quicken the healing process. I don't know any actual exercizes that help to strenghthen it except military presses and such. My shoulders would get muscular but if it pops out it ****in hurts.
          If I don't workout my shoulder it pops out more easily but it doesn't hurt as much. Plus when it happens durring a fight, I spend a good minute running until it pops back in then I still can't punch with it. I can only use my left and even though I can still fight good with just one hand, it's only for a short while. It sucks.

Comment

I was actually askin lucky about the blackburns because he said he did some weight exercises. I lay on my stomach and do front and side shoulder raises with palm down, front and side raises with thumb up, tricep extensions and rotator cuff things. Kind of hard to explain. Then I do 4 different band exercises.

Comment

I had to go to physio ( I know I spelt that wrong) therapy and the guy there gave me all the exercises to do so in no particular order are all the exercises I have to do now so my shoulder doesnt fall out of place. There are some basic ones like pushups, chin ups, and dips but there are also these exercises that target the muscles in my back around the shoulder blade that help keep the bone in place.
              The first one I do is I lie down on my side and have your arm flat against your side and keep it there while you move your forearm up and down with a weight in your hand. ( that one is kind of hard to describe it would be easier to show it to you) The next one you lie down on your chest on a bench or something and have a wieght in your hand and you just lift your arm straight up infront of you and bring it down and up ect..( you kind of end up in a superman kind of pose). The next one you have your arm out to the side like you have wings with your thumb facing up and you lift your arm up and down like you would be flapping your wings or something your still lying on your chest when you do it. The next ones you stand up and its just with a weight in your hand you keep your arm out strecthed and you raise it up to about shoulder level and then down. And the final one is having your arm at the side and raising it up and down. I hope that helps I know I probably didnt describe these very well it would probably be better to have someone show you how to do them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky466
                I had to go to physio ( I know I spelt that wrong) therapy and the guy there gave me all the exercises to do so in no particular order are all the exercises I have to do now so my shoulder doesnt fall out of place. There are some basic ones like pushups, chin ups, and dips but there are also these exercises that target the muscles in my back around the shoulder blade that help keep the bone in place.
                The first one I do is I lie down on my side and have your arm flat against your side and keep it there while you move your forearm up and down with a weight in your hand. ( that one is kind of hard to describe it would be easier to show it to you) The next one you lie down on your chest on a bench or something and have a wieght in your hand and you just lift your arm straight up infront of you and bring it down and up ect..( you kind of end up in a superman kind of pose). The next one you have your arm out to the side like you have wings with your thumb facing up and you lift your arm up and down like you would be flapping your wings or something your still lying on your chest when you do it. The next ones you stand up and its just with a weight in your hand you keep your arm out strecthed and you raise it up to about shoulder level and then down. And the final one is having your arm at the side and raising it up and down. I hope that helps I know I probably didnt describe these very well it would probably be better to have someone show you how to do them.
                Oh it helps. I've been doing those same ones with bigger weights and I tried those blackburn exercizes last night after I Googled it and they worked pretty well. Good K for you guys in 24hrs.

Comment

Working...
                X