No announcement yet.

Why is Pavlik so scarred of Williams?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    Williams woudn't KO him, probably decision him ina war.
    via weedwacker pizza face

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
      Who knows honestly? Williams does have pop behind those punches, he even had Wright stunned and Wright has a good chin.
      since that first quintana fight, williams has been punching with more authority. his "lack" of power is probably one of the biggest myths in boxing....

i think its more so due to the fact that he throws 100+ punches per round, he can't put serious heat behind every single shot....

but i'm with you, i saw him stopping kelly....maybe not from one shot, but an accumaltion of shots would've done the trick....

Comment

Originally posted by tyde13 View Post
        but i'm with you, i saw him stopping kelly....maybe not from one shot, but an accumaltion of shots would've done the trick....
        Pavlik gets hit alot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
          I don't think he hurt Wright.

Wright was thrown off balance a few times because of the constant attack by Williams.

Wright's legs are not what they used to be so i wasn't surprised that Williams was able to knock him off balance.
          No he definitely hurt Winky at some point between rounds 7-9.

Comment

Puzzling really .
            Because those belts pay his bills and I dont think he believed he could beat Williams and was on a hiding to nothing. Its all a bit sad,really.

Comment

Puzzling really .
              Because he knows hes in for an ass beating whenever they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                No he definitely hurt Winky at some point between rounds 7-9.
                I will have to give it a rewatch at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Mellie View Post
                  Because those belts pay his bills and I dont think he believed he could beat Williams and was on a hiding to nothing. Its all a bit sad,really.
                  right because 2 no name fights will net pavlik the same $ without the risk of losing his belt for an even bigger (hopefully for him less risky) opponent. This is a guaranteed L and pavlik assumed pw coming to 160 would be like jmm coming to 144 but it was not paul is a big ass dude who just can lose weight like a freak of nature. Paul looks like a sturdy mw and not some blown up chump he knew that that ass whoppin cometh

Comment

Williams hurt Winky for sure he hit him with some nasty punches, I don't know how close he was to getting WInky out of there but Winky definetly did not want to be getting hit by those blows to often.

Williams is a tough nut to crack, very few fighters have what it takes to beat him currently. A fighter needs to be a better technican, needs to throw short sweet punches on the inside, need defense and the ability to take what he dishes out those are all key attriubtes to beating Williams not many fighters bring more then a couple to the table.

Just try to think about a fighter at 154 or 160 that you would favor to defeat him.

Comment

Puzzling really .
                      Ex took his soul....

Comment

Working...
                      X