No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Wlodarczyk vs. Chakhkiev Moscow Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Wlodarczyk vs. Chakhkiev Moscow Presser

A big press conference was held to officially announce a major event on June 21 in Moscow, where in the main event 2008 Olympic champion Rakhim Chakhkiev (16-0, 12KOs) will take the biggest step of his career when he challenges WBC cruiserweight champion Krzysztof Wlodarczyk (47-2-1, 33KOs) of Poland. Photos by Marat Lialin/Alboxing.ru

[Click Here To Read More]

Unibrow looks a little bit bigger.

Comment

There's Dan's boy and lol @ the 2nd pic.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I think this fight has the potential to be another under the radar and under appreciated CW war.

Comment

****ing stoked for this, can't wait. What a huge step up for Chakhkiev. I like Wlodarczyk but he is going to get KOd, IMO.
          Chakhkiev is a monster and Wlod is no slouch and a legit champion. This is going to be a war. Shame that some people don't like this division for some reason.

Lebedev-jones, Huck-afolabi, Chakhkiev-Wlodarcyzk all in the span of a month of so....

The CW division is really heating up.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
            ****ing stoked for this, can't wait. What a huge step up for Chakhkiev. I like Wlodarczyk but he is going to get KOd, IMO.

Lebedev-jones, Huck-afolabi, Chakhkiev-Wlodarcyzk all in the span of a month of so....

The CW division is really heating up.
            Wlodarczyk has always shown a solid chin and Chakhkiev hasn't been destroying guys his last few fights the way he was earlier. It's also a huge step up in class so i think its unlikely that Rakhkim will just walk through him.

Alekseev is YPH's IBF mandatory and he hasn't fought since he lost against Ross last September so mandatories every 9 months means it should be his next fight.
            Last edited by Mikhnienko; 05-16-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Wlodarczyk has always shown a solid chin and Chakhkiev hasn't been destroying guys his last few fights the way he was earlier. It's also a huge step up in class so i think its unlikely that Rakhkim will just walk through him.

Alekseev is YPH's IBF mandatory so that should happen in the next several months too.
              I don't think he will walk through him. It's going to be a hell of a fight, but I see Chakhkiev is going to stop him in the late rounds. What you say is also true, and it is most definitely a huge step up, but IMO that will benefit Chakhkiev. Fighting for a title is the ultimate prize and I expect him to be highly motivated.

Of course easier said then done. But I really believe Chakhkiev will stop him around round 10 or so, and be in the best shape of his life.cEither way, it's gonna be a war

And I didn't know that. 4 very solid title fights. This one especially though, MUCH respect to Wlodarczyk for taking this fight and defending against Chakhkiev

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                I don't think he will walk through him. It's going to be a hell of a fight, but I see Chakhkiev is going to stop him in the late rounds. What you say is also true, and it is most definitely a huge step up, but IMO that will benefit Chakhkiev. Fighting for a title is the ultimate prize and I expect him to be highly motivated.

Of course easier said then done. But I really believe Chakhkiev will stop him around round 10 or so, and be in the best shape of his life.cEither way, it's gonna be a war

And I didn't know that. 4 very solid title fights. This one especially though, MUCH respect to Wlodarczyk for taking this fight and defending against Chakhkiev
                In Russia no less although if he loses he has a rematch clause for the return bout in Poland.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  In Russia no less although if he loses he has a rematch clause for the return bout in Poland.
                  No doubt, true fighter. And I can't blame them for that. His camp knows it's going to be a tough fight, and a rematch would be a huge fight in Poland

Comment

Working...
                  X