No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looper was ****ing great.

Dredd pretty good, but seemed too similar to The Raid Redemption. im not sure who got the idea of police being trapped in a giant tower block filled with criminals first.

Comment

• Silver Linings Playbook...I like this...gave it a 9

Zero Dark Thirty...8

Argo...8.25

Django Unchained...7.25...not a big fan of Quentin Tarantino movies

Comment

• Movie: The Pianist

My Rating: 8.3

Roman Polanski directs this real life story of a Polish Jewish pianist who literally goes through hell and back trying to survive the ills of World War II. Adrien Brody really blew me away with his performance, well deserved Oscar! This is the type of movie you hear about being "very good....but so sad" so it kind of conflicts you about watching it (at least for me). Finally watched it, and although it is very grim and at times depressing, I found it quite enjoyable and thought it was more of a real life triumph than anything.
        Last edited by _original_; 01-14-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Movie: Dredd

My Rating: 6.4

Well the movie was cool, but not something I would care to watch again. I kept hearing great things about it, finally got around to it and while I did enjoy it; didn't get much out of it other than cheap entertainment. It's way better than the Stallone turd (not really saying much though right?) and actually stayed truer to the comics, but I felt the movie could have been more. I know some people will say that "less is more" in this case, but I really wanted them to explore the city and Dredd's life more in depth. However, I did enjoy the Judge's costumes, the weaponry, the look of the city, and a lot of technical aspects of the film.

Comment

• Titicut Follies (1967)

This banned documentary filmed though the observational technique of direct cinema is a disturbing and sobering look at the treatment of patient-inmates during the 1960s at the Bridgewater State Hopsital for the criminally insane, in Bridgewater, Massachusetts.

It focuses on the daily existence of both patient-inmates as well as staff and paints a picture for the audience of what life is like inside the walls of an institution where sanity is as ephemeral as compassion.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Movie: The Pianist

My Rating: 8.3

Roman Polanski directs this real life story of a Polish Jewish pianist who literally goes through hell and back trying to survive the ills of World War II. Adrien Brody really blew me away with his performance, well deserved Oscar! This is the type of movie you hear about being "very good....but so sad" so it kind of conflicts you about watching it (at least for me). Finally watched it, and although it is very grim and at times depressing, I found it quite enjoyable and thought it was more of a real life triumph than anything.
              One of my favorite movies that i was just watching a couple hours ago

Comment

• Another one I watched recently was The Interrupters (2011)

This documentary tells the story of an anti-violence coalition in Chicago lead by former gangbangers and street hustlers. Essentially what these brave mother****ers do is campaign to end violence within their community by seeking it out at it's source, interposing themselves between the two parties, and then act as a mediator or voice of reason to try to stop these kids from killing one another.

It's a pretty bold approach to an alarming problem within our urban communities today, and I'd definitely recommend it to anybody interested in the culture of violence that plagues modern American youth.

Comment

• Watched 2 days ago.

Good Will Hunting

My rating: 8.8

Excellent acting and phenomenal banter between actors in a great movie about a Mathematical genius who doesn't really care about his gift.

This movie launched Damon and Affleck into stardom, and you get a great glimpse of Robin Williams true acting ability aside from comedy.

Comment

• Watched 3 days ago

Rounders

My rating: 8.5

Excellent movie about an advanced poker player who lost the most important game of his life along with all of his money. This movie is about his addiction to gambling and his best friend who has an equal addiction only much more careless. It entails about his journey through losing everything and his way back to finally getting even.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      Watched 3 days ago

Rounders

My rating: 8.5

Excellent movie about an advanced poker player who lost the most important game of his life along with all of his money. This movie is about his addiction to gambling and his best friend who has an equal addiction only much more careless. It entails about his journey through losing everything and his way back to finally getting even.
                      Love this flick.

John Malkovich as KGB was the best part.

Comment

Working...
                      X