Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False? Hamed would have knocked out 126 Pacquiao and 126 Marquez.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
    Naz never fought anyone as good as Pacquiao or Marquez. He did beat some very good fighters but all but a couple of them were past their best. We all knew who the big test was....Barrera! and he failed.

For people to say that Nas was not motivated for the Barrera fight is the biggest crock of **** i've ever herd in my life! The only explanation i could think of for that is they surely were not into boxing at the time. Naz-Barrera was the fight we had been talking about for about 6 years before it happend! It was always the big one.Ofcourse he was motivated. The problem Naz had is when he stepped up his caliber of opponents he struggled. Back when he was fighting tom dick or harry in the UK he would look great, when he had to fight top fighters he just was not the same. The very good fighters he did beat were old compared to him.

It's easy to think that Naz was a lot better than he actually was.
    Did you watch the video?

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
      Did you watch the video?

Yeah i watched it, i've seen it all before. You cant judge his training for a fight with 10 minutes or even 60 minutes of video footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
        Remember this is 126 Pac.

Still one handed. Still wild.

Hamed also had the punching power advantage and Hamed had a solid chin as well.

And Marquez probably would have schooled him at times.....but Hamed would still land something. Hamed had mean power. Certainly more power than the guys who almost turned the lights out on Marquez at 126-130.
        good post!!!...imo Hamed catches BOTH and gets them outta there....Naz was a REAL puncher!!

Comment

nope
          1. anybody with pacs speed would batter him, naz would be destroyed by somebody with more speed than him because he didn't work the fundamentals too well. Result Pac batters him for late stoppage/UD
          2. anybody with marquez's skills and ability to adapt would expose naz's weaknesses - Result marquez schools him for a lopsided UD.

naz looked great against decent/average/old fighters but the greats like manny or marquez BARRERA or morales would all beat him
          Last edited by Daddy T; 11-05-2011, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stefjonno1 View Post
            Naz never fought anyone as good as Pacquiao or Marquez. He did beat some very good fighters but all but a couple of them were past their best. We all knew who the big test was....Barrera! and he failed.

For people to say that Nas was not motivated for the Barrera fight is the biggest crock of **** i've ever herd in my life! The only explanation i could think of for that is they surely were not into boxing at the time. Naz-Barrera was the fight we had been talking about for about 6 years before it happend! It was always the big one.Ofcourse he was motivated. The problem Naz had is when he stepped up his caliber of opponents he struggled. Back when he was fighting tom dick or harry in the UK he would look great, when he had to fight top fighters he just was not the same. The very good fighters he did beat were old compared to him.

It's easy to think that Naz was a lot better than he actually was.
            Barrera was the biggest fight of his career, but it did seem to come at a time when he wasnt very focused. He was neglecting his boxing skills and trying just to KO evryone with a huge shot. Before the KO would come more naturally. And the doc does show how bad he was in training and how Manny wasnt happy at all with how it was going.
            I still think he was exposed by the better quality opponents before fighting Barrera, but he wasnt quite the same fighter he used to be.

Comment

Working...
            X