Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT is with the matthysse hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL @ "not a killer". 2 of his last 3 stoppages were against fighters that have never been stopped. His last fight was a one round, one punch brutal KO. Has about 20 knockdowns in his last 8 fights and has entire an division running scared. If that's not a killer, please tell me what is??

Comment

You're only a killer when you stop every fighter you've ever faced

Wilder is the only killer in boxing

Comment

It doesn't matter if you think Matthysse would lose to so and so or not. The point is making the best fights.

Its similar to Golovkin. People say, oh Martinez would beat him. So does that Mean the fight shouldn't be made??

The best should fight the best, period. That's what we as fans should constantly want. Doesn't matter who u think will win, just fight. Im tired of all these stupid excuses from so called fans.

Comment

Are you implying...Garcia...who has literally ONE decent win is better..than Matthysse? Lucas is past the point of hype hes already proven at his weight. Beating Kahn (coming off a loss) and Morales isnt exactly the greatest achievement known to man..neither is Morales. Love Garcia, dont get me wrong but tryin to discredit Judah...even though thats his next fight looks silly as hell. I'll give you Bradley thatd be tough. But no one else has shown they could beat LucAs IMO.

Comment

Matt's does not have a notable win at 140lb..But he is a big puncher which most of these guys like..So they will defend him to the death..But in reality Matt's biggest wins,were losses..Which imo is a very telling sign for the power punching god,lol..Ajose is his biggest win,that he got the W in..Which is not saying much imo..

Listen Matt's is a good fighter and can be the Jr WW Champ of the world no question about it..But the way people try to make it seem like the guy's unbeatable,I just don't see that...

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
              WHAT AM I MISSING ?
              is this one big joke? like the tye fields hype ?
              are people actually serious saying hes the #1 at 140 and can beat peterson,garcia ,bradley ???????????

BRADLEY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

HE LOST TO JUDAH AND DEVON WHO BOTH ARENT EVEN CLOSE TO #1 AT 140

U WANNA SAY IT WAS 2 ROBBERIES? FINE ! the fact is they arent close to bradey, peterson,garcia, or even kahn!

someone please with all seriousness tell me this is one big joke

he knocks out mike dallas jr and he is god???????

what peterson did tonight was 10 times more impressive
              and im not a fan of any of them I JUST DONT GET IT ???

WAS Olusegun MAYWEATHER?? NO! WTFFFFFFF

Its because he`s a non-black brawler who KO`s people.He`s a good fighter but I`m not really all that impressed with him at all.Not cause he`s not black but because he has no defense and does`nt have much skill.And i felt Judah beat him clearly.

Matthysse is the one that supposedly beats Broner according to some;I can`t wait for the "Matthysse was a Bum" after Broner beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                Are you implying...Garcia...who has literally ONE decent win is better..than Matthysse? Lucas is past the point of hype hes already proven at his weight. Beating Kahn (coming off a loss) and Morales isnt exactly the greatest achievement known to man..neither is Morales. Love Garcia, dont get me wrong but tryin to discredit Judah...even though thats his next fight looks silly as hell. I'll give you Bradley thatd be tough. But no one else has shown they could beat LucAs IMO.
                Which win put Matt's over the top for you??Was it Dallas or Ajose??Come on man..Peterson and Garcia both have a good shot at beating Matt's,hell even Khan has a good shot..Until Matt's start beating some(highly)ranked opponents he is just as suspect and an unknown as anyone else fighting at 140lb..

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Matthysse is a good fighter and can beat most top 140 lbers but I just don't see where this "destroyer" image is coming from. He's a big puncher but let's not get carried away.
                  thank you

seriously almost every reply was just horrible

i would bet every single point i have that garcia and peterson both beat mthhssye

having saidd that i like mathysse a lot hes very exciting and always brings a good fight

but you guys are acting like hes the second coming of pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post

I can`t wait for the "Matthysse was a Bum" after Broner beats him.
                    or anyone for that matter ...but if the fights even semi close
                    wait for " he got robbed"!"!"!

if you watch it again in slow motion with the sound off he actually wins every round !"

Comment

Lucas is a threat to everybody in his division
                      he's a crowd pleaser because of his style and his power
                      he's a sympathetic figure for getting robbed a couple times
                      he's willing to fight anybody with the balls to face him
                      no reason for people to diss Lucas, he's the truth
                      he'd beat the guys who have the belts at JWW

Comment

Working...
                      X