No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Offers $3 Million To Top Rank For Donaire-Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

let's not jump on this too quickly.

if Schaefer offers 3 million that fine but what else does he want?

along with the 3 million he could ask for future earnings and all sorts of things.
    this is just bravado from Schaefer. their are probably so many cavets to the deal that nobody would take it.

the only thing I want to hear is from either Schaefer or Arum is the fight is made or it isn't. they're both scum and the constant posturing is getting ridiculous.

they're both douches. it's just Schaefer has been beating the old man to the punch

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
      How is that not enough money?
      I'm not saying it's not enough to make the fight with; it is. But it's not enough money to get Bob Arum to let GBP promote a fight using one of his main guys at the moment. Bob Arum is a bitter old mother****er. It would have to be a crazy amount to get him to budge.

Comment

the same way the other fight that didnt happen this will play out the same way...... the difference is this isnt a high profile fight so itll get no press and people wont see who holding fights hostage

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

$3 million to you Arum. Do you call or do you ante up. Or bluff and fold like always.

Comment

This would be huge. I hope this fight actually comes off. Would this be Nonito Donaire's highest pay day?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
              This would be huge. I hope this fight actually comes off. Would this be Nonito Donaire's highest pay day?
              yes............

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                If Arum takes 50% of the $3 million and gives the other 50% to Nonito it would still be Donaire's biggest payday. According to Schaefer.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Would he accept $3 mil from Top Rank? That's how Arum wanted to make the deal.

I see this going nowhere.
                  Arum would never offer 3 mill for Mares!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    3 millions does seem like a pretty hefty offer. I don't know how they intend to make money considering all the other money they would have to put in, HBO pays a lot but usually not $5 million (which wouldn't even cover everything). If they were going to do a PPV I could see that number making sense but I don't know if gate plus international (and all other revenue) make that anything more than a break even proposition at best.
                    Maybe they're just confident in their fighter and they are willing to chance it to make a fight that we all want to see!!

Comment

I could understand why Arum blocked the Floyd-Pac fight. His golden goose would have been a pretty sizeable underdog. Likely would have been exposed. And Pac could make a lot of money fighting other people. But in this situation, I think Donaire will destroy Mares. So I really don't understand why Arum isn't in a hurry to make this happen. Plus, its Donaire's biggest possible payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X