Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Spots Up The ATG Would Wins over Cotto and Tony Have Moved Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    The more appropriate question would be in regards to Martinez and Pacquiao. Cotto and Margarito are not all that.
    But we all know that hurts Mayweather's standing.

Comment

• None beating Margarito wouldnt mean jack****,Margarito himself hadnt beaten anyone worth mentioning then,And he already beat Cotto

Comment

• Margarito takes him nowhere/Cotto maybe a spot or 2 to the top 35-40 mark

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          I wouldn't be surprised to see Floyd do a Hopkins and score some big upsets versus some humdrum nights over the years, though its tougher given the speed needs at lower weights. I think Pac might have a big win or two left against some ugly losses before becoming a late life, needs money attraction like Duran and Chavez did.

But, yeah, it always turns over.
          i'm fully expecting Floyd to add to his legacy over the next few years.

Comment

• it would have solidified his claim as the top, undisputed welterweight in the world.

instead he went into "retirement" and came back to fight people in lower weight classes
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-09-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
              it would solidify his claim as the top, undisputed welterweight in the world.

no such claim exists

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              Pretty sure he is the best welterweight in the world right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by UrDazed View Post
                Pretty sure he is the best welterweight in the world right now.
                Because there's nobody left.

It doesn't change the fact that he avoided the riskier fights when they were availablr

And he's doing the same thing today. Why hasn't he fought Martinez at 154 yet? He's the champion isn't he?

If pacquiao beat marquez, he still wouldn't be fighting him either
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-09-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• Anyone who says these would have moved him up significantly is straight up ignorant.

He got a past prime-still good Cotto, basically the same Cotto that Manny got. And a prime Margarito....let me as you this....what did beating a prime Margarito do for Williams, other then to have people say "Yeah that was a good win". Floyd has plenty of good wins, so one more good win wouldn't have really moved him very far. Instead around Top 30, which I say he and Manny are right now, maybe he would have been Top 25 instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                    Because there's nobody left.

It doesn't change the fact that he avoided the riskier fights when they were availablr

And he's doing the same thing today. Why hasn't he fought Martinez at 154 yet? He's the champion isn't he?

If pacquiao beat marquez, he still wouldn't be fighting him either
                    Martinez is the champ at 160 that's why.

There is no one left because FLoyd keeps beating the top 2 or 3 guys at the weight.

Comment

• He would not have moved an inch.

Comment

Working...
                      X