No announcement yet.

Best Fighters u ever saw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Fighters u ever saw?

Who is the best fighter u ever saw live? This will obviously vary depending on how long u have been watching boxing but i'd also like to know who u think is the best u have seen period, be it on tape or whatever.

The Floyd Mayweather thread got me curious to see who people rated highest when resume wasn't the only or the main criteria

Live in attendance or just live in general?

The best fighter I saw live in attendance was Alexis Arguello.

Best fighter I've seen live in general?

Hard to say.

Alexis Arguello, Carlos Monzon, Muhammad Ali, Pernell Whitaker, Roy Jones Jr, Floyd Mayweather, Ray Leonard.

Off the top of my head between those fighters, probably.

Comment

i'm a noob so floyd mayweather or guillermo rigondeaux, as they actually fought. ie: not looking back to when i didn't watch boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Live in attendance or just live in general?

The best fighter I saw live in attendance was Alexis Arguello.

Best fighter I've seen live in general?

Hard to say.

Alexis Arguello, Carlos Monzon, Muhammad Ali, Pernell Whitaker, Roy Jones Jr, Floyd Mayweather, Ray Leonard.

Off the top of my head between those fighters, probably.
        I meant in general Dan but thinking about it now it be interesting to see who the best fighter everybody has saw

1: Live in attendance
        2: Live in general
        3: Ever (even if only on tape)

Another thing to consider were they the best when u saw them? For example I saw Duran live (not in attendance) but wouldn't rate him as the best because he was old and past it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          i'm a noob so floyd mayweather or guillermo rigondeaux, as they actually fought. ie: not looking back to when i didn't watch boxing.
          Its odd huh, as a boxing fan the older u are the cooler u are lol!
          Proper talented fighters regardless though man

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            I meant in general Dan but thinking about it now it be interesting to see who the best fighter everybody has saw

1: Live in attendance
            2: Live in general
            3: Ever (even if only on tape)

Another thing to consider were they the best when u saw them? For example I saw Duran live (not in attendance) but wouldn't rate him as the best because he was old and past it.
            1. Carl Frampton. I've never been to a fight outside Northern Ireland and there aren't many live shows over here so I haven't many options.

2. Floyd Mayweather Jr. I'm kind of in the same boat as Barnburner, haven't really been around long enough to see a whole lot. Think I started watching boxing in 2005 on the back of Khan's Olympic run, so I'm still in my first decade!

3. I think it has to be Sugar Ray Robinson. His dismantlement of Jake LaMotta to claim his first Middleweight title is maybe the finest performance I've ever seen against truly top class opposition.

Comment

1. Live in attendance: Harold Brazier. I don't get out much.
              2. "Live" on TV: Pernell Whitaker/Ricardo Lopez
              3. Ever: Robinson

Comment

1 live in attendance Julio Chavez sr
                2 live on tv two many to chose
                3 on tape Roberto duran vs ray leonard 1

Comment

I will just keep it to live in attendance because i have been watching boxing for over 35 years and it would take too long to think, but the two boxers that i remember saying to myself "Damn that was unbelievable" was Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson and Roy "Superman" Jones Jr.

Comment

Seeing in person: Mayweather, Duran, Ali, Hopkins, Olivares, Zarate, both Klitschkos, Barrera, Roy Jones.

Comment

Working...
                    X