No announcement yet.

How Accurate is Compubox?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Accurate is Compubox?

Ight yo check IT!!!!!tis brings me curiousity man. I mean they got punch numbers and shyt, but how do they count ta punches? Aint thurrr people who PUNCHES ta number in ta computer? I really dunno. And what punches do they count "AS LANDED"? I mean, you can hit ta arms, but do they count that too? I mean it DID land.

Opinions?

I think CompuBox is VERY biased. I watch fights, score a round, then the compubox numbers show the complete opposite, especially in fights like Barrera-Morales III, De La Hoya-Mosley II, etc.

Comment

its not that its biased, it decieving

Comment

Exactly.......I don't think it's very accurate too.

It's hard to observe fights and tis people (I think) that put numbers on comp don't see errrthing.

Comment

Compubox is the name of a (Click link for more info and facts about computerized) computerized punches scoring system. Compubox is used in (Fighting with the fists) boxing matches across the world.

The system was developed by Logan Hobson and Robert Canoggio. The system made its debut in the 1985 (Click link for more info and facts about HBO Boxing) HBO Boxing (A television broadcast) telecast of the (Click link for more info and facts about Livingstone Bramble) Livingstone Bramble- (Click link for more info and facts about Ray Mancini) Ray Mancini rematch for the (Click link for more info and facts about WBA) WBA's world Lightweight title. Compubox's aim is to settle controversies surrounding fights by counting each punch thrown by each of the fighters, and also each punch landed, to provide fight viewers with a final punchstat count and a perception of who should ideally be given the judges' decision, in the cases where a fight lasts the full distance. Conversely, Compubox has also created controversy; such was the case of (Click link for more info and facts about the Fight of the Millennium) the Fight of the Millennium, where Compubox showed (Click link for more info and facts about Oscar De La Hoya) Oscar De La Hoya landing around 300 more punches than (Click link for more info and facts about Félix Trinidad) Félix Trinidad, despite the fact Trinidad won the fight by a split decision. Compubox also showed (Click link for more info and facts about Lennox Lewis) Lennox Lewis outlanding (Click link for more info and facts about Evander Holyfield) Evander Holyfield by a large margin during their first fight, declared a draw or tie.

Apart from (Click link for more info and facts about HBO) HBO, the system is also used by NBC and (Click link for more info and facts about ESPN) ESPN, among others. Former world champion (Click link for more info and facts about Genaro Hernandez) Genaro Hernandez, a computer expert, is one of the men in charge of operating the system

Comment

Compubox is controlled by the Bush Administration...

Making claims that compubox is biased or is innaccurate is basically saying that you hate boxing...dont question compubox and if you do go become a fan of Ice Skating because we dont need you!

Comment

Compubox is inaccurate. I swear, Pacquiao landed mo punches than Compubox showed ta public. Goddamn, how did Morales land mo punches than Pac when Morales himself would jest throw straight punches one at a time. LOL!!!!! No ****in way. I BLAME ARUM!!!!!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Manny_P
                Compubox is inaccurate. I swear, Pacquiao landed mo punches than Compubox showed ta public. Goddamn, how did Morales land mo punches than Pac when Morales himself would jest throw straight punches one at a time. LOL!!!!! No ****in way. I BLAME ARUM!!!!!!! LOL!

You obviously dont love boxing if you question compubox...you dont question it if you love your boxing...it is that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by scap
                  You obviously dont love boxing if you question compubox...you dont question it if you love your boxing...it is that simple.
                  are you joking or are you that stupid

Comment

Compubox.....

It seems like it's accurate... but, should just be used as an added feature....& should not be of any influence.

Comment

Working...
                    X