No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer and Arum To Discuss Chavez-Canelo Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer and Arum To Discuss Chavez-Canelo Clash

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, without any prodding, mentioned the possibility of a fight between WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, and WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Since they are two of the most popular fighters from Mexico, it would figure to do well at the box office and on pay-per-view. Schaefer has already spoken with Chavez's promoter, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, about staging the fight in early 2012.

[Click Here To Read More]

No reason not to make the fight. Both promoters and fighters stand to make alot of money from the biggest Mexican rivalry and matchup right now.

Comment

Actually, nvm I have to think about who I think would win. It's actually a hard fight to call...

Comment

Can't read the interview, But would this fight be at 160? Am sure Chavez can't make 154..

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Can't read the interview, But would this fight be at 160? Am sure Chavez can't make 154..
          Probably a catch weight at 157, unless Alvarez is comfortable with going up to 160.

Comment

It begins...The super power's making they way back toward each other..

Comment

War JC!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The fight is going to have to be at 160 which makes it interesting because we know Canelo is clearly the more talented fighter

Comment

seriously they are putting kid canelo into the ring with that wannabe cruiserweight? ooookaayyy....

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                    The fight is going to have to be at 160 which makes it interesting because we know Canelo is clearly the more talented fighter
                    I don't agree with that, I think there talent level is about equal. I think Sebastian Zbik would have beaten Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X