No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham in Talks For Channel 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham in Talks For Channel 5

Channel 5, or an employee with twitchy Twitter fingers, broke our collective hearts yesterday by Tweeting that boxing might be removed from their schedules. The message has since been deleted. Today the network moved to scotch rumours of a cull by confirming to Peter White of www.broadcastnow.co.uk that they are 'in talks' with Hennessy Sports over the rights to broadcast Tyson Fury's April 20th meeting with Steve Cunningham, which takes place at Madison Square Garden's Theater in New York.

[Click Here To Read More]

"Boycott already exists!" Lol!

Comment

Fury and all of the Hennessy crew are all doing decent numbers on channel 5, even Kid Gahalad vs Josh Wale did just under 1 million views. Channel 5 would be fools to not take advantage of being the only free broadcaster of boxing in the UK.

Comment

I suppose it depends whether they are getting value for money with regard to what they pay and the action they get.

Channel 5 are never going to be able to compete with the likes of ITV's X-Factor and other primetime Saturday night shows. Thus by having the boxing on, they are deliberately separating themselves and have a potential hardcore audience to tap into.

PS. Isn't Cunningham Fury on at 4pm NYC time so that it can be shown at prime time in the UK?

Comment

My favourite boxing article ever, thank you for brightening up my morning, haha....

Comment

Hopefully they don't pull it. It's one of the only times I watch channel 5

Comment

Boxing is always a ratings winner on Terrestrial t.v.

As said, channel 5 is shit. The odd bit of sport coverage is the only reason I would watch it.

They can't afford not to show boxing.

Comment

Boxing is always a ratings winner on Terrestrial t.v.

As said, channel 5 is shit. The odd bit of sport coverage is the only reason I would watch it.

They can't afford not to show boxing.

Comment

So are they sticking with boxing or only showing a few more fights?

Comment

Nobody knows yet, looking at some of the twitter's / facebooks of the fighters don't even really know whats going on.

I think it'd be a shame if Channel 5 stopped but maybe they just aren't getting value for money... all depends on the contracts they get i guess. Maybe its just a ploy to pay less to host the coverage because they know theres only Boxnation really for Hennesey to go to.

Comment

Working...
                    X