No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Loves Mares Bout, But Wants To Shut Rigo Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
    DONAIRE is a beast but RIGO will beat him because people still didn't understand his greatness,perhaps after playing with DONAIRE he will have the credit he deserves also as a pro!!!
    I think he will win vs Donaire but I suspect that he won't get credit for it..I hope he sill though..the fight with Donaire is a hard one even if he make it look easy....

Comment

Let's see it then.

A lot of talking has taken place, now let's see who walks the walk. I think Rigo frustrates him.
      Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 12-21-2012, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Nonito vs Rigo, that will be a fight to watch. I give the edge to Donaire, I know Rigo has one of the longest amateur careers out there but still, there is something about him that doesn't convince me.....

Comment

Neither Mares or Rigo can beat Donaire. Not strong enough.

Comment

if he beats Rigo with a decision ( even split ) , he will be the best P4P for me
            I want a decision , not lucky K.O
            this is the real challenge

Comment

Back your **** up Conaire, get it done! Your talk might fool others but not me.

Comment

Donaire is P4P #1 to me.....I didn't see his loss (must have been early) but when I watch him now he's miles ahead of everyone....and it seems as if he hasn't really been tested so the best is yet to come. Rigo is too flat footed (right hand, left hook goodnight) and Mares is too one-dimensional (plus all those low blows ain't happening - uppercut, left hook, right hand good night).

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                  Donaire is P4P #1 to me.....I didn't see his loss (must have been early) but when I watch him now he's miles ahead of everyone....and it seems as if he hasn't really been tested so the best is yet to come. Rigo is too flat footed (right hand, left hook goodnight) and Mares is too one-dimensional (plus all those low blows ain't happening - uppercut, left hook, right hand good night).

Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Let's see it then.

A lot of talking has taken place, now let's see who walks the walk. I think Rigo frustrates him.
                    I think this is a good word for it. When these guys step into the ring with each other, they'll both be looking at the best fighter they've ever faced. I anticipate Rigo moving quite a bit, with Nonito pressing the action. That may not last too long, however; Guillermo hits hard. I have a feeling Donaire will ease up a bit once he feels Rigo's power.

I don't think Guille will open up at all, unless he hurts Nonito at some point. I believe Rigondeaux will be very cautious of Donaire's power...hence, the frustration. This fight could wind up being a little methodical, but end very unexpectedly. As I've said before, I give Nonito the edge in this match-up, but the fight won't be easy for either man.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky1978 View Post
                      Nonito vs Rigo, that will be a fight to watch. I give the edge to Donaire, I know Rigo has one of the longest amateur careers out there but still, there is something about him that doesn't convince me.....
                      I understand. I feel the same way. But I think a lot of this has to do with Rigo's very limited professional experience. Guillermo is still learning the pro version of the sport. He's fought over four hundred amateur fights. One can become set in his ways after so many bouts. Habits become ingrained. Since he was spectacularly successful as an amateur, Rigo will tend to do what he's always done. It's human nature.

I honestly believe Guillermo Rigondeaux is a highly gifted boxer. Perhaps people that think like myself have set unrealistic expectations for him. Rigo might never live up to them. He's a 32 year-old rookie boxer. Despite his vaunted talent and achievements, that fact remains. Time will tell if Guille can live up to expectations. But I think we'll know soon enough, especially if a Donaire fight happens in 2013.

Comment

Working...
                      X