No announcement yet.

3min Conditioning Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3min Conditioning Rounds

It's seems like the best thing you could do to get in shape for boxing is just exercise 3min on, 1min off for about 12-15 rounds. Build up to a certain amount of rounds, then add intensity to each round. Do this in the morning in place of running.

What do you guys think?

i do 2MIN rounds with 1MIN break for 6 rounds on all my workouts

Comment

I do 3 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks for things like sparring, mitts, or technique practice and usually about 6 rounds of that.
      Then i do 6-8 3 minute rounds with 30 second breaks for jump rope and bagwork. In between each round i drop and do 5 quick pushups, then recover as you would if you were knocked down in a fight (knee rest for 6-7 count and then stand up with hands ready and feet moving). This helps to train the body to efficiently recover from a knockdown punch in a fight. Also, I make sure to go especially hard for the last 30 seconds of each round to simulate finishing a round strong.

Comment

Originally posted by blockburna944
        I do 3 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks for things like sparring, mitts, or technique practice and usually about 6 rounds of that.
        Then i do 6-8 3 minute rounds with 30 second breaks for jump rope and bagwork. In between each round i drop and do 5 quick pushups, then recover as you would if you were knocked down in a fight (knee rest for 6-7 count and then stand up with hands ready and feet moving). This helps to train the body to efficiently recover from a knockdown punch in a fight. Also, I make sure to go especially hard for the last 30 seconds of each round to simulate finishing a round strong.
        thats pro

i do amateur, in those fights its only 6 minutes, and 8 minutes for more advance amateurs, 2 minutes a round + 3 rounds = 6 minutes, but in training i get tired in the 6th round, only a total of 6 rounds of sparring a week

Comment

3 min are for pros.

2minut rouns.
          like 5 sparring, 5mitts, 5speed, 5 skipping, 5shadow and 10-15 on the bag.
          Amd than abs, chins, pushupps, dipps and militarypress a typical workut fore me.

Comment

watever works aslong as your on your back gasping for air after. its all good

Comment

this idea sounds good

Comment

Don't like doing roadwork. It's much more fun to go 10-12 3 minutes rounds.

Comment

Yes but its not the same stamina type, a combiation is what were after.

Comment

It doesnt matter if you fight pro or am,

you should be aiming to train on bags and pads - 3min round with 30 second breaks

I do this on bags and pads - 3mins round, take my gloves off+drink(15secs), skip or speedball(30secs), gloves on+rest(15secs), start anothor 3mins and continue for 10, 12 or 15 rounds depending on how much how fit i am. I do 6 and work my way up to 15 if i have been off training with injury.

When i'm sparring its 2min rounds with 1 minute breaks!! Its so easy!!

Comment

Working...
                    X