No announcement yet.

Best book on Mike Tyson ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best book on Mike Tyson ?

I was looking for something new to read and thought about a book on Tyson. A search on Amazon comes up with a few options, for example :'Bad Intentions', 'Iron Mike', 'Blood season', 'Scream'.

Has anyone read any decent books on Tyson and can recommend one?
    Thanks alot.

I've heard an interview with one of his former body guards who wrote a book on him. I don't remember the guys name, but the guy sounded pretty good.

Comment

It's "The Inner Ring" by Rudy Gonzalez that I was referring to.

This is the link to the interview with him I mentioned:

http://nhbnews.podomatic.com/entry/2...07_38_13-07_00

Comment

Facing Tyson is pretty decent. Gives an insight into the feelings and vies that his opponents had.

Comment

Thanks for the help fellas. il give those books a look.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Leuty View Post
            Facing Tyson is pretty decent. Gives an insight into the feelings and vies that his opponents had.
            I was a little underwhelmed by it, I must admit. Not a bad book by any means but didn't quite deliver it's the promise of its premise.

Next Tyson book I will be buying is "The Last Great Fight", which is about the Douglas fight. Heard lots of good things about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ottke's Twin View Post
              I was a little underwhelmed by it, I must admit. Not a bad book by any means but didn't quite deliver it's the promise of its premise.

Next Tyson book I will be buying is "The Last Great Fight", which is about the Douglas fight. Heard lots of good things about it.
              great book.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                I was looking for something new to read and thought about a book on Tyson. A search on Amazon comes up with a few options, for example :'Bad Intentions', 'Iron Mike', 'Blood season', 'Scream'.

Has anyone read any decent books on Tyson and can recommend one?
                Thanks alot.
                Best one I read was Bad Intentions, the author actually visited the camp a few times and was pretty friendly with Tyson while he was writing the book. Until 1989/90 when his new camp changed their minds about the book being made.

Only problem is the book ends in 1990 (if you get the new version).

Iron Mike is good, but its mainly old news paper or magazine articles. Its still interesting to see how the press' view changes.

One to avoid would be Nurture of the Beast.

Mike Tyson: The Release of Power is also another very good biography.

Comment

Bad Intentions is the only I've read thus far and would recommend it although as The Iron Man stated, it's got an early cut off on the timeline. Very informative and straight forward.

Comment

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X