Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the best chance to be P4P #1 Andre Ward, Yuriorkis Gamboa, or Nonito Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has the best chance to be P4P #1 Andre Ward, Yuriorkis Gamboa, or Nonito Donaire?

I would go with Ward. Ward has the bigger names available to him. Ward could potentially beat Froch, Bute, Hopkins, Dawson, Martinez, etc. I think Donaire is currently the best out of the 3 but I think Gamboa has the most potential. One thing that Gamboa and Donaire have working against them is the weight classes they fight in. It's hard to be P4P number 1 fighting in the lower weight classes.
    Andre Ward
    33.33%
    Yuriorkis Gamboa
    8.33%
    Nonito Donaire
    52.78%
    Someone else
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

Sergio Martinez would get my vote but at 36 his time is running out.

Andre Ward is the best fighter in the world not named Floyd Mayweather. He has all the tools. He will be boxings P4P Number 1 imo.

Comment

That post sounds familiar........

Comment

I personally don't like Ward as much as everyone else does. I'm watching Bad Chad vs Diaconu and during the fight, Max said Ward's performance vs AA was kinda disappointing and wasn't that entertaining. I agree. I would go with Nonito being how he is already in the top 5. I also like Gamboa a lot more then Ward. Just my opinion. I think Froch might beat Ward in the Finals of the Super 6.

Comment

Donaire, he is a special fighter.

Froch should beat Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            Sergio Martinez would get my vote but at 36 his time is running out.

Andre Ward is the best fighter in the world not named Floyd Mayweather. He has all the tools. He will be boxings P4P Number 1 imo.
            Yeah but this is more of a future poll. This is referring to 3-5 years from now.

Comment

Other than Pac and Martinez El Ciclon Gamboa is the most exciting fighter in the game right now. I don't see anyone beating him at 126-130. Ward is the most unwatchable fighter. Nonito is pretty good.

Comment

Do you guys see a potential Gamboa vs Donaire fight happening down the line?

Comment

Originally posted by Hi Hater View Post
                  Do you guys see a potential Gamboa vs Donaire fight happening down the line?
                  Lets hope so.

Donaire will move up to feather and maybe beyond, but Gamboa may move up and always stay a weight class away.

Donaire is fighting the top names around, Gamboa has yet to be tested on the highest level.

Comment

That's easy - Ward. Reason? Higher profile competition at and around his weight. Not so much for the others. He will get a good bounce if and when he wins the super-six.

Comment

Working...
                    X