Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Muhammad Ali or Wladimir Klitschko - Who Is The More Exciting Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kid Lavigne View Post
    - Wlad has had 20 KOs in the first eight rounds during the past 11 years, early 1999 to early 2010: Austin, Brock, Byrd, Brewster, Mercer, Moli, Castillo, Bostice, etc. Ali had 7 KOs in the first eight rounds during the last 11 years of his boxing career 1970-1981.

- Wlad had 11 KOs in the first 5 rounds during the past 11 years. Ali had NONE during his last 11 years.
    A knockout does not always equate to excitment.

Plus look at who Wlad was fighting when he knocked all those dudes out, put him in Ali's era and see how many KO's he has, he's a puncher no doubt, but still.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ðemise View Post
      81 - 16.

Which tells me that Tunney has 16 alts.

Well at least one is a Tunney alt, aficianado12, i know that.

Some of them however are other morons

Comment

• 86% of people on this site have a brain

Comment

• O_o I`m a Klitschko fan and I respect Ali a lot... But when it comes to the excitement point - Ali was miles more spectacular to watch... It`s quite funny though how people say that the competition in the mid 70s was miles better than today, or that the champions of previous eras would toy with either Klitschko...

Wlad was a windmill early in his career, but it cost him a lot (Puritty fight). After teaming with Steward he became much more pragmatic boxer... I don`t find him exciting, but I find him very interesting to watch.

Anyway, my answer to the question is "Ali".
          Last edited by Lacrimosa; 04-08-2010, 12:39 PM.

Comment

• Is this joke thread?

Muhammad ALi is way way more scientific and aesthetically pleasing.

Comment

• I've had bowel movement more exciting than Wlad's fights.

Comment

• :I enjoyed reading this thread. Some funny comments in here. I don't want to let it die.

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                I would rather watch modern day Ali smack talk from his wheelchair than watch another Klitschko fight.

This comment killed the whole thread. Couldn't stop laughing for about 1 minute.
                Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-07-2010, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
                  since when is a 210LBS & 190cm tall fighter a cruiserweight?
                  wladimir is not gonna beat ali because he is 9cm taller or outweights him by 15kg, he would beat him because he is the better boxer, and thats not the case here.
                  u cant ignore the fact ali faced many punchers on wladimirs level and they never put him on his ass, cooper argument doesnt work, wladimir was knocked down tons of times himself in his career, but unlike wlad i have never seen ali out cold.

ali was slow?? then i dont know what fast is.
                  if u pick alis fights after the last frazier fight, i can show u some fights of wlads earlier careeer, he didnt look well there too.
                  while ali was at his younger age the better fighter, wlad started to dominate when he was in the end of his 20s.

its also really funny how u try to discredit alis great perfomances by saying "any bum has a lucky day".
                  if u ask me, wladimir could fight some1 like liston as much as he wants, he would never reach the 8th round.
                  wlad has never been out cold either, hes stopppage losses were all tko and ended with wlad on his feet not unconscious.

Comment

• Just had to add this

Props to GP

Comment

• Originally posted by Lacrimosa View Post
                      Wlad was a windmill early in his career, but it cost him a lot (Puritty fight). After teaming with Steward he became much more pragmatic boxer... I don`t find him exciting, but I find him very interesting to watch.
                      This, right here, sums up the whole topic in the best way. Whilst even as a fan I don't find Wladimir to be a very exciting fighter (at least post-Brewster I), I still think his fights are interesting from a technical and KO perspective. It's the same with Lennox and Mayweather - technical fighters sometimes devoid of excitement, but highly interesting to watch IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X