Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir "Glass Chin" Klitschko: Longest reign in HW history without being floored.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir "Glass Chin" Klitschko: Longest reign in HW history without being floored.

Something for boxing historians: Wladimir Klitschko now holds the record for the longest reign in heavyweight boxing history WITHOUT BEING FLOORED. Meaning he held the heavyweight title(s) for the longest time (in years) without being knocked down. Last time he was knocked down was 2005 against Sam Peter. Now is the end of 2012 and from the Chris Byrd fight in 2006 (which was a world title fight) until today, Wlad has held the heavyweight world championship for 6 1/2 years without being knocked down. This is WORLD RECORD.
    No other heavyweight world champion has EVER accomplished this.
    If anybody can prove me wrong, let me know. It is not gonna happen.

I am going to bed now and I will check this thread tomorrow morning again.

Wlad is so above the competition in regards to every aspect other than chin that it assures his dominance.

He obviously does have a glass chin though as the punch in round 5 demonstrated. I wouldn't favour him against any of the other dominate champions of the previous eras.

That being said, this last fight of his was a fun watch. He put on a great athletic display and I can't see any other fighter currently in the division being favoured against him.

... he's lucky Vitali shares his last name.

Comment

Props shows what calibre of fighter he's become, especially since his chin is shaky. I'd also say because his chin isn't great he feels he has to protect it more than say Ali, Marciano, Foreman etc.

The lack of credible Heavyweights is also contributing but it's an impressive feat nonetheless.

Comment

Haye wobbled him in round 11

Wach wobbled him

He is lucky Wach was slow, and simply cant box, a decent boxer with a good reach wud destroy. I have no question in my mind Vitali wud destroy Wlad

Comment

Another record nobody knew because nobody cared about. Klitschko fans are experts at finding these.

Comment

How would Riddick Bowe do against Wlad?

Comment

I give credit where credit is due.

Wlad has my stamp of approval. I still think he's the weaker of the two brothers, but they're definitely ATG's at HW.

I don't care how people try to spin it. They are.

Comment

Just a testament to how poor his quality of opponents have been

Comment

Also you have to consider the circumstances, Ali was out for 3 years, Joe Louis fought 7 times alone in 1941 and obviously the more you fight the more your chances of getting KO'd.

It would be interesting if it's the longest stretch in terms of fight's without being knocked down?

Comment

Wlad fights in a great way to minimize that weakness and the guys out there just are not capable of dealing with what he brings to the table to get at that weakness.

To have a weakness like that and it got exploited several times against less than stellar guys, and then change it up so much that that weakness is very hard to get at is not an easy task so Wlad certainly deserves lots of praise for doing that.

Comment

Working...
                    X