No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Argenis Mendez: I'll Fight Mikey Garcia if No Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Argenis Mendez: I'll Fight Mikey Garcia if No Martinez

A week removed from his controversial majority draw against Arash Usmanee, reigning 130 lb. titlist Argenis Mendez is anxious to plan his next fight. While all challengers are always welcome, the rangy Dominican has a particular star in mind.

“I’m ready to defend my belt against Mikey Garcia on November 9,” Mendez insists, alluding to the open-ended status surrounding the reserved HBO date for the unbeaten former featherweight champ. “I want Top Rank and HBO To know that they don’t have to wait around for Roman Martinez.”

Garcia is slated to appear on a proposed November 9 tripleheader on HBO. Also planned for the show is stablemate Nonito Donaire, who is tentatively slated for a rematch with Vic Darchinyan, with Vanes Martirosyan facing Demetrius Andrade in a matchup of unbeaten fighters in a vacant 154 lb. title fight in the opening leg of the telecast. [Click Here To Read More]

Wipe out the non-Latinos first and then fight each other for bigger money.

Comment

WHy does HBO offer all the fighters 300k while Showtime is giving fighters over 500k for non ppv fights? HBO is trying to lowball most of the fighters..

Comment

this guy wants the glory,he understands what he's worth and wont be asking for a lot,more than what he deserves,this is how you fight and set up future big purses

Comment

Originally posted by Jaliscoguey13 View Post
          WHy does HBO offer all the fighters 300k while Showtime is giving fighters over 500k for non ppv fights? HBO is trying to lowball most of the fighters..
          HBO offered 3m to Andre Ward and Edwin Rodriguez to split

Comment

I doubt they would risk Garcias starpower on a loss to Argenis. Argenis isnt smaller and is a thinking slick and clever fighter who has a lot of natural gifts coupled with his athleticism. He isnt a come forward not as skillful dumb fighter. Garcia won't look great in that matchup. A fight with Martinez is safer since hes not the brightest or skilled fighter there is.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
              this guy wants the glory,he understands what he's worth and wont be asking for a lot,more than what he deserves,this is how you fight and set up future big purses
              Green K......

Comment

Give the fan good match up stop cherry picking guy Garcia can beat (MARTINEZ) a bout with Mendez will be interested though being that his brother Robert train Mendez for 2 year and know all Mendez weakness this win will put coach Garcia in the hall of fame

Comment

Originally posted by Jaliscoguey13 View Post
                  Johnny Gonzalez received $100,000 for his Showtime bout with Abner Mares. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Donovan View Post
                    Give the fan good match up stop cherry picking guy Garcia can beat (MARTINEZ) a bout with Mendez will be interested though being that his brother Robert train Mendez for 2 year and know all Mendez weakness this win will put coach Garcia in the hall of fame
                    Mendez will school Garcia. Garcia's too robotic and not fast enough to deal with Mendez. Don't get me wrong tho, Garcia is the real deal, Mendez is superb and should be undefeated

Comment

Working...
                    X