No announcement yet.

Gassed out? Floyds Strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
    he bores them to death with his boring running style !!!! and he also breaks down the body !!!!! ortiz with his already closing eye was well on his way to being "gassed" out too because the punishment by the 3rd round was accumilating !!!!! too bad floyd the easy way out and cheated the hard working fans by sucker punching ortiz !!!!!
    I'm surprised Floyd doesn't gas, since he pads his record with 4 round fights, right?

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
      he bores them to death with his boring running style !!!! and he also breaks down the body !!!!! ortiz with his already closing eye was well on his way to being "gassed" out too because the punishment by the 3rd round was accumilating !!!!! too bad floyd the easy way out and cheated the hard working fans by sucker punching ortiz !!!!!
      One of the Funniest I have ever seen lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
        I am making this thread based on a conversation I had with my brother. What exactly is floyd doing in the ring that is overworking his opponents? We didnt get a chance to see it with ortiz but with mosley, dlh( i know he has a history of this), hatton, and in some places marquez each looked like an overworked mule towards the end of the fight despite many of them not having problems with prior fights. Mosley is the most blatant example.
        missing takes alot of energy. especially against a fighter like floyd that makes you miss at the last second which makes you commit all the way and then miss the target all the way, punching air tires you out 10 times faster than having your punches blocked too.

being tight. the big stage is something these guys are used to, but they arent used to being hit seeminlgy out of nowhere. floyd is such a great counterpuncher than even long time veterans get countered and cant figure out why, usually when you get hit you know what mistake you made but floyd is always a step ahead of his oponent. this makes them start to tense up which burns energy.

bodyshots. floyd is one of the best bodypunchers in the game, it gets overlooked bcuz he doesnt always choose to attack the body. but that doesnt change the fact that its in his arsenal to be used when necessary.

against shane, dlh and hatton floyd utilized some crippling bodyshots and hurt all three of them to the body at some stage. his smart with it too, he realizes once someone has been hurt downstairs you dont have to rip them to create the same effect the second time. that jab to the body does some serious damage once he softened them up with powershots.

i once threw a left uppercut to the solar plexus in sparring, i could tell it hurt him. a few seconds later i faked a jab high then dropped it to the body.. sparring session over.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Hatton wasted a lot of energy chasing him.

Marquez never looked that winded to me.

Oscar was old.

Mosley is a mystery. Maybe he was just that old, but he winded after that second round and never recovered. I'm still surprised Mayweather never stepped on the gas and stopped him, Mosley was dead on his feet most of that fight.
          He was grabbing A LOT A LOT........

Comment

Not only are fighters trying to hit him, but they are thinking critically at the same time, shhhh is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Hatton wasted a lot of energy chasing him.

Marquez never looked that winded to me.
              Oscar was old.

Mosley is a mystery. Maybe he was just that old, but he winded after that second round and never recovered. I'm still surprised Mayweather never stepped on the gas and stopped him, Mosley was dead on his feet most of that fight.
              Marquez was very tired going into the Championship rounds.

Comment

He makes u miss, and everyone who fights him hates him so much they wanna knock his head off so they are swing with a very high pct of their power, but they miss! Plus they are tense and tight because he has them all pissed off, and wanting to kill him. Easy to gas out like this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Marquez was very tired going into the Championship rounds.
                  I just don't remember then. I admit I haven't exactly watched that fight much, probably two times.

Comment

Mayweather mentally and physically breaks you down.

And a key to his success is his ability to frustrate you.

Standing infront of your opponent and not being able to hit him cleanly is frankly annoying, and frustrating. That, ontop of hitting air alot will take a lot out of you. Especially when you're not used to missing that many punches.

Moreno-Darchinyan from last week is a prime example.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      wow have you been this salty all this time? its ok man, everyone knows floyd is better than your man. the sooner you accept it the sooner you can have an enjoyable life
                      he has accepted it...as have most *******s. they will never admit it...but they know deep down floyd is superior to manny. thats why they always spit some outlandish skip bayless type **** when it comes to floyd. i used to think it was to try to aggravate...but i now realize its because a legitimate argument doesn't exist and its all they have left. let them have it...they need it.

Comment

Working...
                      X