Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Floyd punches were not as strong as I expected"-MARQUEZ

MARQUEZ PLANS TO RETURN AT 140 TO MAKE HISTORY
    By Ben Thompson, FightHype.com, Wed, 23 Sep 2009
    "I am satisfied...I did my best against someone who has already spent time fighting at welterweight and I still gave him some problems. I knew that the fight was going to be difficult and even though he caught me good and sent me to the canvas, his punches were not as strong as I expected," stated l Read Full Story >>>http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5743.html
    Last edited by MR. NUTHUGGER; 09-23-2009, 05:35 AM.

A lot of sour grapes here.This guy keeps bringing in the weight issues,he couldn't even land shots even when he was 6 inches away,What does weight have to do with it?Just like Hatton crying about Cortez as if Cortez knocked him out

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
      A lot of sour grapes here.This guy keeps bringing in the weight issues,he couldn't even land shots even when he was 6 inches away,What does weight have to do with it?Just like Hatton crying about Cortez as if Cortez knocked him out
      i know right? floyd should fight paul williams at middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by shogunn View Post
        i know right? floyd should fight paul williams at middleweight
        Where did you come up with this ridiculous statement? Seriously, do you know anything abut boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by IcedBlood View Post
          Where did you come up with this ridiculous statement? Seriously, do you know anything abut boxing?

why couldnt JMM land a flush shot 6 inches away (which is bull**** anyway) would it be his added weight that affected his speed? mayweather would be considerably slower fighting at 160, compared to Paul Williams at 160, which is close to what JMM had to do. To say his weight was not a factor during the fight is false

Comment

Originally posted by MR. NUTHUGGER View Post
            MARQUEZ PLANS TO RETURN AT 140 TO MAKE HISTORY
            By Ben Thompson, FightHype.com, Wed, 23 Sep 2009
            "I am satisfied...I did my best against someone who has already spent time fighting at welterweight and I still gave him some problems. I knew that the fight was going to be difficult and even though he caught me good and sent me to the canvas, his punches were not as strong as I expected," stated l Read Full Story >>>http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5743.html
            "i gave mayweather problems" WTF is he smoking? i want one of those.. lol

Comment

Its PBF speed that is the key, and his elusiveness not his power, so JMM shouldnt have been suprised that he dont hit massively hard. He hits hard enough anyway. You dont want him landing clean too much on you.

Comment

Him giving Floyd any problems was bull****. Maybe he hasn't seen the fight.

Floyd is weak though. Cotto, Clottey, Marg, Williams and Pac would have knocked out that Marquez IMO.

I admit Marquez recouperates fast and has heart, but he wasn't anywhere near ready to fight Floyd at 147. It was the damn money for him. Heck if Juan Diaz had a granite chin, he would have won that fight.

Comment

Marquez got robbed.

Comment

Working...
                  X