Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the excuses are to duck martinez now..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
    All them ghetto American family? Dumbass, lol. Kids, please stay in school or you'll grow up to be a dumbass mother****er like this clown, lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Check out this butthurt piss smelling subhuman trying to hike, lmao!
      wow you catch some major feelings i see, still as lame as the next welfare hoodrat though.

Comment

Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
        wow you catch some major feelings i see, still as lame as the next welfare hoodrat though.
        People love to dish it out, and can never take it, lmao! They even use alts to talk to each other to prove it. The thing is, I never give a **** about mother****ers like you, lmao!

Keep crying you stone cold *****, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          Floyd claims he is great, but what great fighter has he defeated? Hell, has he ever defeated a fighter in his prime? No, the closest was Hatton, but that was at 147, and Hatton was never that good in the first place. He was good at 140, though. Floyd simply avoided the most dangerous fighters. You could see so many videos of him admitting it on YouTube. Like when he got called out by Margo face to face, but *****ed out.

He also said live on air he does not take dangerous fighters to save his record. Prime Kostya, Mosley, Margo, Cotto, Pacman and Martinez...

All I see here are excuses from guys like Larry. Excuses as to why he ducked them that it is pathetic. Come on, look at his prime. Who did he really fight? Oscar and Ricky bloody Hatton. Seriously? What career-defining fight has he had? Nothing.

I may not see this post again, but I'm sure guys like Prettyboy and Larry will continually post 10s of excuses why Floyd avoided the best.

Also I want to ask, "Why is every ****ing year a tune up fight for Floyd? He fights once year, and pretty much takes crappy fights. Every time he comes out and fight it's a tune up, tune up, tune up and tune up.

He ducked Pac and the only way he can save his legacy is by taking on Martinez at 154...yet all we hear are excuses...
          Compressed it for you.

Comment

Martinez knocks Mayweather out. Floyd will never take that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              The only fights that haven't that could have or should have for Floyd that could have added to his legacy possibly at the time were Tszyu, Wright, Margarito, and Pacquiao.

Tszyu was not Floyd's fault. Floyd had been very vocal about fighting Tszyu since he whupped Corrlaes in 2001. When Floyd entered 140, Tszyu was injured in 2004. Tszyu came back, and Floyd openly said he wanted to fight the winner of Tszyu-Hatton, Tszyu lost. Floyd tried to fight Hatton at 140, but Hatton and his side said he wasn't ready. That fight happened anyway in 2007. How is that Floyd's fault???

Floyd was trying to jump 2 weight classes to fight Winky Wright. Arum and Shaw couldn't agree on the split, with Shaw openly saying Wright had too much to lose and nothing to gain, which was pretty much true. It's like Mayweather-Martinez basically, what does Sergio stand to gain from beating someone that much smaller than him??? His hope would be that Floyd went on to beat other Middleweight fighters or something, like how Marquez went on to beat Manny at WW after Floyd beat him there.

Margarito, this one you could place blame on Floyd. But you have to be fair and realize Floyd openly admitted he'd fight Margarito for 8 million, if Arum could get him the Oscar and Cotto fights for the money he wanted. Arum said no he wasn't willing to do that, even though Floyd ended up getting that money anyway to fight Baldomir, Oscar, and Hatton (2 of these fighters Floyd was also supposedly ducking at the time). You could also look and see in 2006 that Floyd has his eyes set on Mosley and Oscar, the two biggest fights for him at the time, and those were still good fights at the time he did. So I think it had more to do with Floyd eyeing the bigger fights and Floyd/Arum not being able to do business together.

And Pacquiao, BOTH of their faults. Only the moronic fans can't admit that. None of them wanted it at the same time. When it was agreed for March 2010, Pac and his side straight up turned down the fight and didn't agree with the testing cutoff. Than, when they were finally ready to agree, Floyd changed his s**t and said test till fight night randomly. Now Floyd did change his wish here, which was dumb at the time, but Pac could have easily just agreed. Instead he didn't agree to testing until Late 2011. Then he said he'd take less money to make it happen, but then when they were getting ready to fight possibly in May 2012, Arum and Pac said 50-50 or no fight. Than Floyd goes to jail and gets out, he should have openly voiced wanting to fight Manny right away, instead he stayed silent not really saying much. He should have just called him out once again for the fight. Then Manny flips and says he'll agree to take less money again, but this was only after he signed to fight Marquez. You see, no one involved wanted this s**t at the same time, one of the biggest f** ups in boxing.
              To me, Arum is to blame the most out of the fights that were sought by Floyd at different periods of time. He had little trouble calling out Shane at 135 or 140, and like you said, Tszyu at 140. The Mosley fight was do-able until Mosley and Oscar broke off from Top Rank and started their own thing. Even so, Floyd was still under contract with Arum until 2006. Cotto definitely could have fought him in 2005 but Arum would not make that fight. Instead, they had the matchup between Floyd and Judah in 2006...

After that, the fight with Margarito would've been made, but Floyd got outbid to fight Baldomir...After that, he had what he wanted for years: a megafight with De La Hoya. When that was done, you could forget about Floyd fighting anyone under Top Rank...

Now many say the non-fight with Pac is both sides' fault, but I ask this: what if Pac never left GBP after the Oscar fight? Something to think about...

Comment

No more excuses https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3DAqaChBCc

The promoter for martinez has once again offered 80-20 split in floyds favour at even 150 pounds! come on floyd what is quaking?

Comment

So, how old is Martinez, the same age as Mosley when Mayweather beat him? If Mayweather were to take that deal, and win, how many people would give Mayweather credit for beating a "prime" Sergio Martinez at 150lbs? I can just see the plaudits rolling in.... LOL!

Comment

If Floyd were to fight and beat Martinez, this same topic starter would turn face and say he was too old.

Comment

• Originally posted by airmanpanther View Post
                      If Floyd were to fight and beat Martinez, this same topic starter would turn face and say he was too old.
                      Predictable huh? All this noise sounds similar to the rabid, frothing-at-the-mouth, demands when people wanted mayweather to face Mosley. The one the same obsessive loons call "old, past-his-prime" Mosley.

The thread starter can't actually state WHEN Mayweather was supposed to have fought Tszyu. He can't remember the clear and obvious fact that Mayweather wanted to fight Mosley in 2006, but ironically it was MOSLEY that wanted a vacation (watch the video, TS, and learn something). The thread starter can't remember that it was Top Rank that walked away from a 50/50 with more stringent testing deal for Pacquiao (testing that they now want if they face Marqez again... more irony). But why let facts get in the way of a nonsensical and biased rant,eh?

I'll ask again. Would the thread starter, or anyone else give Mayweather credit for fighting Martinez, who is the same age as Mosley was when Mayweather beat him (Prime? Really?), at a catchweight of 150lbs?

The reason I ask, is that the thread starter states Mayweather has never faced a prime, top class opponent and that he always waits for the right opportunity instead of taking a risk. Well... how is fighting a 38 year old Sergio Martinez at 150lbs supposed to change his mind? It just shows his logic is as mixed up as his boxing knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                      X