No announcement yet.

"12 Rounds With Max Kellerman" See Max's Prediction of Calzaghe vs Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
    Mancini, Haugen and Pazienza werent bad fighters at all. they were all pretty damn good, and very far from being the worst champs of all time.
    I AGREE, THEY WERE GOOD CHAMPS, ANYONE THAT BECOMES A CHAMPION IN BOXING MUST HAVE SOMETHING? BUT KELLERMAN ONCE SAID THAT WILFREDO GOMEZ WAS "THE MOST OVERATED CHAMPION OF ALL TIME" HOW STUPID IS THAT???

Comment

I expected better from Kellerman. He seems to have a good view of things in boxing. I didn't like the whole SPeed, heart, power analogy he gave.

It's pretty simple, either the Roy that fought Tarver in the third fight shows up, the one that was satisfied just to go the distance, and Calzaghe outworks him to a decision OR a determined ROY shows up and make Joe look like a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
        I AGREE, THEY WERE GOOD CHAMPS, ANYONE THAT BECOMES A CHAMPION IN BOXING MUST HAVE SOMETHING? BUT KELLERMAN ONCE SAID THAT WILFREDO GOMEZ WAS "THE MOST OVERATED CHAMPION OF ALL TIME" HOW STUPID IS THAT???
        its pretty dumb. personally, Ive never seen anyone really overrated Wilfredo Gomez, and that guy had a hell of a career. 2nd or 3rd best Puerto Rican fighter of all time in my opinion, and thats saying something.

maybe he just ran into a rabid Gomez fan that thought he was top 10 ATG or something, and it gave him the wrong idea. overrated all depends on who rated him in the first place.

Comment

Size - Calzaghe. Even Roy says Joe is a big dude and weighs more. Joe is close to 200 pounds between fights but he's always in shape.

Strength - Probably Calzaghe
          Speed - Jones
          Jab - Calzaghe
          Defense - Calzaghe
          Experience - Tie, considering Calzaghe's excellent amateur achievements
          Ability to take a Punch - Calzaghe
          Fighting Inside - Calzaghe
          Counterpunching - Jones
          Conditioning - Calzaghe
          Ring Generalship - Calzaghe
          Heart - Calzaghe

That's how I see it. Kellerman is wrong about the speed, but several important attributes of Joe's were not even mentioned -- work rate, the pace he sets, and stamina.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by roundingace View Post
            Well the punch output, obviously, is going to Calzaghe hands down. The answer to my question will be Jones' legs and his accuracy. RJJ has always been an effective puncher while not having to expend too much energy through all 12 rounds. So if Roy and his counter rights are there, I think it's going to be very difficult/impossible for JC to alter his plan thus winning the fight. The other factor is will Roy let himself go. If he tells himself to just go for broke and leave everything in that ring, I honestly, and not just because I'm a fan, don't see how JC stands a chance. Now all that being said, yes, it's a reach, but not out of the question. One things for sure, we will definitley find out.
            A few things:

- Forget Roy's legs, they are gone. They went in Tarver I and never came back.
            - Do not underestimate Calzaghe's ability to adapt to situations and opponents fight plans - he was looking bad early against both Hopkins and Kessler and managed to devise ways to negate what was hurting him.
            - I don't think "letting go" will be a problem for Roy in this one. Calzaghe lacks significant power and that is generally what has constrained Roy in the past, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by F-R-K-O View Post
              Size - Calzaghe. Even Roy says Joe is a big dude and weighs more. Joe is close to 200 pounds between fights but he's always in shape.

Strength - Probably Calzaghe
              Speed - Jones
              Jab - Calzaghe
              Defense - Calzaghe
              Experience - Tie, considering Calzaghe's excellent amateur achievements
              Ability to take a Punch - Calzaghe
              Fighting Inside - Calzaghe
              Counterpunching - Jones
              Conditioning - Calzaghe
              Ring Generalship - Calzaghe
              Heart - Calzaghe

That's how I see it. Kellerman is wrong about the speed, but several important attributes of Joe's were not even mentioned -- work rate, the pace he sets, and stamina.

This statement is horribly wrong.

EDIT: DIsregard this post. I misread what you posted. Deepest apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
                - I don't think "letting go" will be a problem for Roy in this one. Calzaghe lacks significant power and that is generally what has constrained Roy in the past, so that shouldn't be a problem.
                If this proves to be true, then I don't really see where JC has the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by roundingace View Post
                  If this proves to be true, then I don't really see where JC has the edge.
                  He "gets the edge" because he is one tough bastard to fight. He has a rock soild chin, quick hands and feet, is incredibly adaptable and can throw 100 punches a round for the full 12. Combined with the fact that he is very smart in there. Just because Roy might find a home for his straight right on occasion won't necessarily stop Calzaghe's constant attack.

I am pulling for ROy as much as anybody, but I think dressing this fight up like Roy is the favourite to win it is a bit ridiculous.

Comment

Kellerman is a very well educated man when it comes to the Sweet Science, but I often find myself disagreeing with him.
                    In this case I wont say hes wrong about everything, but I believe there will be some intangibles in this fight that will affect the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
                      He "gets the edge" because he is one tough bastard to fight. He has a rock soild chin, quick hands and feet, is incredibly adaptable and can throw 100 punches a round for the full 12. Combined with the fact that he is very smart in there. Just because Roy might find a home for his straight right on occasion won't necessarily stop Calzaghe's constant attack.

I am pulling for ROy as much as anybody, but I think dressing this fight up like Roy is the favourite to win it is a bit ridiculous.

I agree on not dressing it up. I just don't see where JC has ever been in there with a pissed off RJJ letting his abilities go. That is where the question mark lies for me. His straight right counter is just part of what he'll need to win. I guess I'll just have to wait and see, but I can't see JC winning the "all out fighting" war. I could and may be wrong, but man am I hoping to see THAT fight on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                      X