Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Geale Considering All Options, Soliman Not Set in Stone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Geale Considering All Options, Soliman Not Set in Stone

Contrary to several reports, no decision has been made for Daniel Geale's next fight. He wants to defend both of his middleweight belts, but won't rule out sacrificing one if another big bout offer comes along. Geale arrived back in Sydney on Monday night, around 38 hours after taking the WBA Super title off Felix Sturm in Germany.

Geale arrived back in Sydney on Monday night, around 38 hours after taking the WBA Super title off Felix Sturm in Germany.

He also holds the IBF belt, which he has defended successfully on three occasions.

Geale said he was looking at mandatory title defenses against Australian Sam Soliman for the IBF belt and Kazakhstan's Gennardy Golovkin for the WBA and also at fighting the winner of the this month's WBC title fight between champion Julio Cesar Chavez and Argentina's Sergio Martinez. [Click Here To Read More]

We all want him to fight Gennady.... but if Soliman makes the most money.... then they'll most likely make it.

Comment

It's got to be Golovkin next.

Makes too much sense.

Comment

He deserves a hometown defense or two, but I doubt Soliman at home will get him half the money he'd get even for a BAD headliner against GG. Mundine is another story.

Comment

I agree with the posters above me. Geale has won both his belts away from home. He deserves a few hometown bouts. I won't be mad at his next choice though I hope it's The God of War Gennaday Golovkin.

Comment

Id like to see the fight, but I know Geale won't fight Golovkin next.

But it's okay, he deserves a easier defense after winning the WBA title.

Comment

Geale's last mandatory was Adama on March 7th and he has 9 months before his next one so Dec 7th. What i said in the other thread was incorrect i guess he will have to choose against his WBA mandatory Golovkin or IBF mandatory Soliman since both have to happen by December.

If HBO wants Golovkin vs Geale i have a hard time believeing that Gale can earn more money fighting Soliman in Aus than on HBO.

http://assets.ibf-usba-boxing.com/Fi...Amendments.pdf

"Once this initial mandatory defense obligation has been satisfied, the
              Champion shall defend his championship within intervals of no more than nine (9) months against the leading available contender in his weight class as designated by the Championships Chairman."

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                Geale's last mandatory was Adama on March 7th and he has 9 months before his next one so Dec 7th. What i said in the other thread was incorrect i guess he will have to choose against his WBA mandatory Golovkin or IBF mandatory Soliman since both have to happen by December.

If HBO wants Golovkin vs Geale i have a hard time believeing that Gale can earn more money fighting Soliman in Aus than on HBO.

Champion shall defend his championship within intervals of no more than nine (9) months against the leading available contender in his weight class as designated by the Championships Chairman."
                Man.... why you bringing up rules? you know none of the organizations follow that ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post

To make Golovkin/Geale there has to be a TV date available by Dec. that's where the hangup is going to be

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                    To make Golovkin/Geale there has to be a TV date available by Dec. that's where the hangup is going to be
                    Please stick them on the undercard of Cotto/Trout!
                    Hahaha, I swear if that happens, I'm going up to NY again

Comment

Working...
                    X