No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is Aiming To Be The Next Idol of Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez is Aiming To Be The Next Idol of Mexico

Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (39-0-1, 29KOs), 21-years-old, has a goal to become the next boxing idol of Mexico. His career moves forward on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, when he defense his WBA junio rmiddleweight title title against former three division champion "Sugar" Shane Mosley (46-7-1, 39KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

You don't become the "idol of Mexico" by being gifted a title and then making fluff defense after fluff defense. I realize he's still very young, but at some point he has to fight somebody that can punch.

Comment

he's got all the potential in the world

Comment

Originally posted by mgsooner View Post
        You don't become the "idol of Mexico" by being gifted a title and then making fluff defense after fluff defense. I realize he's still very young, but at some point he has to fight somebody that can punch.
        I agree, someone should tell JCC JR the same...

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
          I agree, someone should tell JCC JR the same...
          Lol.

Jccjr GOAT, brah.

In all seriousness...Canelo should fight winner of Vanes-Lara if it does happen. I mean..if he lands a Floyd fight power to him...but expect his mind to change if he looks anything less than spectacular against Shane...

I heard Shane auditionin for the Olympics on here...so good luck looking good agaist The next Ussain Bolt

Comment

Pac and Floyd fought Mosley not too long ago. Canelo is now fighting him and from here on out his level of competition is going nowhere but up.

Canelo is still very young and people talk about him like he's 30. This is the year he will be tested and we will see what the kid is really made of.

Comment

I heard that they (GBP) were planning on a late summer fight between Canelo and Kirkland should Canelo beat Mosley and Kirkland's health is in order. If Kirkland actually trains, that is a great start down the road to "idoldom".

Comment

I heard that they (GBP) were planning on a late summer fight between Canelo and Kirkland should Canelo beat Mosley and Kirkland's health is in order. If Kirkland actually trains, that is a great start down the road to "idoldom".
                not really kirkland is a bum........i'd rather see canelo take on lara or molina

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
                  not really kirkland is a bum........i'd rather see canelo take on lara or molina
                  That's why I said if Kirkland actually trains for the fight. If he does, he's a formidable opponent. If he's 40 lbs over the limit a month out, then yes, he's a bum. I don't think many people want ANYTHING to do with Lara right now, so Canelo against Lara is likely a pipe dream at best.

Comment

That's why I said if Kirkland actually trains for the fight. If he does, he's a formidable opponent. If he's 40 lbs over the limit a month out, then yes, he's a bum. I don't think many people want ANYTHING to do with Lara right now, so Canelo against Lara is likely a pipe dream at best.
                    he trained for the molina fight and got schooled.....canelo vs molina should be the fight to make molina is a bigger threat to upset canelo

Comment

Working...
                    X