No announcement yet.

Pacquiao is...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    You can't honestly say this with a straight face.
    Right. It just doesn't even add up. I mean, Tony looked good in his preparation. But, the man got his brains beat out of his head when he fought Cotto and Shane. NO FIGHTER could ever be the same after fights like those.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
      That's going a bit far. I love Pac and agree he's the greatest fighter of my generation, but he's not greater than Leonard, yet. Greatness comes down to resumes and while Pac's resume is nothing short of great, Leonard's resume is a who's who of boxing.

Duran

Hagler

Hearns

Benitez
      During sugar ray time, he had the opportunity to fight a round robbin with p4p fighters in the 80's Duran, Hagler and Benitez.

Pac has somwhat of that kind in the lower division in his era. P4P fighters who where just as popular based on era and was also in the close divisions at pac. That was.... Marquez, Barrera, Morales. P4P fighters that pac had epic wars with and won must of the round robbin.

If you know what people said about pac, after beating this 3. That his legacy was already impressive at that point. Coz he fought the 3 mexican greats in his lifetime.. Add the other fighters going up in weight pac fought. He became the superstar that he is today.

Fine Duran, HAgel Sugar were defintely great. Love watching them in the 80's when boxing was bigger. But during that time the talents where there in the middleweight. In pac's time.. It was the 3 mexicans in the lower weights. Same ****, different era, not as popular as the Durans and Haglers coz of there size and decade. Boxing was big then.

But nowadays..

To quote, Larry Merchant to be big in boxing you have to reach welterweight at least. The 3 mexicans where great fighters but they small and have a small fan base compered to heavy weights and middle weights which americans love to watch. But if you ask me.

If morales was as big as Hagler. He could have taxed his ass. If Barrera was as big as Sugar it could have been epic. My point is pac had the same three horsemen. He was a fighter who fought a lot of p4p's in his time. That's what's great about pac. He has done it all. And his story keeps on coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        You can't honestly say this with a straight face.
        Man I don't feed into the bull**** that one fight makes you shot. Foreman mascared Frazier a$$ yet Frazier took Ali to hell and back.

Same with Barrera....Jones fvkked him up yet Barrera not only beat Morales but went on a lengendary run. There are tons of examples but the bottom line is this; I'm not from this b.s. boxing generation who feeds it all the non sense of one loss and your done/shot or past your prime.

Comment

• Well it looks like some of you are better than the experts.

Comment

• Originally posted by V-3 View Post
            If you think he was the same fighter that he was when he fought Paul Williams THREE WHOLE years ago, I don't know what to say. I mean, the Cotto and Shane fights took ALOT out of him. I don't care what the experts say, that kind of damage changes fighters.
            Pac has been in just as many wars as Tony, if not more.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
              Better yet they think since Margarito lost to Mosley that he was shot. News flash.....prior to Williams not only did tony has losses he had TKO stoppage losses as well. He's only prime when he faces their favorite fighter....and conviently they all of the sudden become shot when Manny faces him.

I swear they will lie and say Williams is weight drained and Martinez wars took too much out of him.....when Manny beats his a$$ as well. It's a never ending story with these dudes.
              If that was an undefeated Cotto who fought AM that night im sure it will be a the same beatdown...i hate these guys who always throw the word "shot" at every fighters whove been annihilated by Pac and has the nerve to call themselves BOXING FAN or "BIG BOYS" of this site!!! disgusting

Comment

Man I don't feed into the bull**** that one fight makes you shot. Foreman mascared Frazier a$$ yet Frazier took Ali to hell and back.

Same with Barrera....Jones fvkked him up yet Barrera not only beat Morales but went on a lengendary run. There are tons of examples but the bottom line is this; I'm not from this b.s. boxing generation who feeds it all the non sense of one loss and your done/shot or past your prime.
                The issue I had with your statement is where you said that Tony was the SAME Tony he was when he fought Williams THREE WHOLE YEARS AGO. That doesn't even make sense my dude. You can't omit the damage he took when he fought Cotto and Shane, and dude was off for a year and came back and looked very average in his return bout. That is NOT being the SAME Tony he was when he fought Williams three years ago, no matter how you word it.

Comment

• Margarito had similar speed in the Williams fight as he did in the Pacquiao fight.

Power was there as seen by him hurting Manny.

Chin was there as seen by him eating those viscous combos.

And same with his trademark uppercut, hooks to the body and trying to cut off the ring.

Please explain to me how Marg looked different and specifically in what areas? The biggest excuse is his chin being cracked....but his beard looked better than ever IMO. Hell even Manny admitted dude was ridiculously strong in that fight.

Comment

Margarito had similar speed in the Williams fight as he did in the Pacquiao fight.

Power was there as seen by him hurting Manny.

Chin was there as seen by him eating those viscous combos.

And same with his trademark uppercut, hooks to the body and trying to cut off the ring.

Please explain to me how Marg looked different and specifically in what areas? The biggest excuse is his chin being cracked....but his beard looked better than ever IMO. Hell even Manny admitted dude was ridiculously strong in that fight.
                    This is getting ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by V-3 View Post
                      The issue I had with your statement is where you said that Tony was the SAME Tony he was when he fought Williams THREE WHOLE YEARS AGO. That doesn't even make sense my dude. You can't omit the damage he took when he fought Cotto and Shane, and dude was off for a year and came back and looked very average in his return bout. That is NOT being the SAME Tony he was when he fought Williams three years ago, no matter how you word it.
                      That's what i was getting at. The Garcia fight showed me he wasn't the same as the guy who took Cottos soul, the reason why this is, is up for debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X