No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Doesn't Rule Out Khan-Malignaggi Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Doesn't Rule Out Khan-Malignaggi Rematch

A rematch against Danny Garcia obviously is the one Amir Khan wants.

But if Zab Judah upsets Garcia on Feb. 9 at Barclays Center, or Garcia wins and Garcia-Khan II cannot be made for some other unforeseen reason, there’s another rematch Khan’s handlers would consider for him. His first fight against Paulie Malignaggi was one-sided, but Richard Schaefer views a Khan-Malignaggi rematch as a viable option.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why not Khan-Mattyhse????? Its easy, both Golden Boy....Or just keep feeding Khan guys who can't punch back...

Comment

Good work by Khans team. This is what he needs. Guys like Malignaggi and Molina who have zero power.

Comment

I don't see it happening, Khan will not move up to 147 yet, and Paulie will not come down. We will however see it in 2014

Also from what i understand Paulie already has a fight booked and Khan is fighting in March/April..I still think it will be Lopez

Comment

This is a far safer match up for Khan than Garcia or Peterson. It makes sense for him. If he fights Garcia there is no doubt in my mind he gets KOd again and trhat really would be the end of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
            Why not Khan-Mattyhse????? Its easy, both Golden Boy....Or just keep feeding Khan guys who can't punch back...
            Khan could have a very good career fighting guys with limited power, the following wins would not look bad on his CV....Peterson, Bradley, Alexander, Guerrero...

Comment

really boring match making.

Comment

I hope Khan doesn't move up to 147 - he's not a full welterweight yet. He would no doubt beat Malignaggi in the exact same fashion as last time, but I hope not. He is a LW and should make his name there. Guys like Peterson, Garcia, Mathysse, Lopez, maybe even a maidana rematch. He could also go for some of the weaker champions. But I want to see him take at least a lopez fight or the likes before squaring up against the best boys again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Khan could have a very good career fighting guys with limited power, the following wins would not look bad on his CV....Peterson, Bradley, Alexander, Guerrero...
                  Loses to them would not look good on his CV. There is no way he beats Bradley,Peterson is 50 50 and I am not confident in him being able to beat Alexander and Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                    Loses to them would not look good on his CV. There is no way he beats Bradley,Peterson is 50 50 and I am not confident in him being able to beat Alexander and Guerrero.
                    yeah he might lose, he might win but the point is he doesn't have to get into the ring with bangers like Matthysse who are almost certain to knock him out, he can have a very successful career if he's matched properly

Comment

Working...
                    X