Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was the weight. Had Floyd made weight, Marquez wins 6-7 rounds. Fraud cheated and got a win. Big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      How much do you think the bolded part affected the fight?

Be honest.
      I think fighting away from home is always tougher.

The ref and judges had little influence as the cards were so heavily stacked against Marquez from the get-go (which is the point I was making by noting them).

The real kicker was the weight(s), but the pre-fight advantages in this fight were such that it's hard to take anything that happened in the ring seriously.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 09-27-2012, 08:30 AM.

Comment

And for the record Floyd could have stopped Marquez if he wanted to. I actually think Marquez would have welcomed that TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          He can hang because he's an ATG and none of the top 10 WW's are all that great[Mayweather, Pacquiao* excluded]. Some are good but nothing special. Size isn't really a big deal unless we're talking about 30-40lbs advantage. Marquez was coming in as a WW in his 130 fights.

I mean why else would you hang? Being a big or good sized fighter for a weight class does not matter. Did it matter for 170lbs Clottey against Pacquiao? Did it matter for 164lbs Ortiz against a 151lbs Mayweather? Being big is not all that. A small but great skilled fighter can beat the bigger man. So yeah, Marquez is that good+WW division is not that great right now.
          Pacquaio and Mayweather have equalizers that JMM doesnt have.

1. Pac is lightning fast and has 1 punch KO power.

2. Mayweather is lightning fast and has the best defense in the sport.

JMM doesnt have great speed, power or defense so if hes going against much bigger guys him not having those type of equalizers would be the end of him.

JMM is an ATG but he doesnt belong at WW and its no coincidence the only fights at 147 he took where against to the 2 biggest paydays in the sport. Everytime he fought at Welter he immediately moved back down.

Hes not nearly as good as he is at the lower weights. I mean we are talking about a 39 year old fighter who has been in several wars already. The type of punishment he could receive by these guys would be uncalled for at this stage of his career.

JMM is a master technician, with great timing without much pop at the higher weights. He also is extremely easy to be hit. How would JMM keep Berto off of him?
          Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            And for the record Floyd could have stopped Marquez if he wanted to. I actually think Marquez would have welcomed that TBH.
            This x 1,000,000

People need to remember this. JMM literally had NOTHING for him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              He can hang because he's an ATG and none of the top 10 WW's are all that great[Mayweather, Pacquiao* excluded]. Some are good but nothing special. Size isn't really a big deal unless we're talking about 30-40lbs advantage. Marquez was coming in as a WW in his 130 fights.

I mean why else would you hang? Being a big or good sized fighter for a weight class does not matter. Did it matter for 170lbs Clottey against Pacquiao? Did it matter for 164lbs Ortiz against a 151lbs Mayweather? Being big is not all that. A small but great skilled fighter can beat the bigger man. So yeah, Marquez is that good+WW division is not that great right now.
              JMM's accomplishments are unquestionable, nor is his level of skill. I'm a realist first though, and as much as I will rue the day JMM hangs them up I know he has limitations and he's playing at the limit these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
                Cotto is a strong guy, Floyd put it on de la Hoya and backed him off at times with well placed shots, and he fought as high as 160.

He can easily compete, it's just that in that fight Cotto proved he's a mini tank, that's all.
                We can agree to disagree cause PBF is not going to back off a Kirkland or Canelo and guys like those at 154. Since he can't move around like he used to I just can't see him making any real noise at 154 or a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                  We can agree to disagree cause PBF is not going to back off a Kirkland or Canelo and guys like those at 154. Since he can't move around like he used to I just can't see him making any real noise at 154 or a regular basis.
                  I'm not a big Floyd fan, but I wouldn't underestimate him. I don't think any 154 fighter beats him RIGHT NOW.

Next year? Who knows, he could get old overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    The only reason Floyd didnt KO him is because Floyd respected him. He couldve Gatti'd his ass.

Lets not give him any ideas he gets his ass beat if he fights Berto or Ortiz. He could beat Bradley but Im not sure.
                    naw man i think Jmm is to damn tough and wont be ko'd by anyone..Floyd tried to get him out of there the best way he knew how and Jmm refused to go into the light..dude is a damn beast..mad props to Jmm

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                      He doesnt need to move around to be effective hes proved in his last several fights.

Canelo and Kirkland both get beat up by Floyd. Kirkland gets KO'd. Canelo survives but loses a clear UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X