• Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Ron Lyle.

Sad sad news.

Comment

Rest in Peace, Ron Lyle....

Comment

Rest in Peace, Ron Lyle. This is a sad year for boxing. Cooper, Frazier, Lyle. It makes me so sad. God bless them all.

Comment

First Frazier now Lyle. What's happening here???

Comment

Another fighter from the Golden Age (the 1970's) of heavyweight boxing is gone. Bonavena, Jimmy Young, Quarry, Frazier & now Lyle.

Jimmy Ellis is in bad shape, Ali is in bad shape. Ken Norton is banged up bad.

Even though we all have to die sometime, it's always sad when one of the fighters we've read about, watched & talked about for so long passes. It's another chunk gone from a really fun era.

May the Lord bring some comfort to his family and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Three fighters from the 'Facing Ali "documentary have now passed away. Not far apart. First Henry Cooper, Joe Frazier,and now Lyle.
              All looked in fine fettle in it too

Comment

Real sad news. RIP.

Comment

I can scarcely believe this. Ron Lyle was arguably in the best physical shape of all the greats from that era in recent times. I read his biography last year and he was apparently still able to do a shed-load of pressups and worked out daily.

This stomach condition must have been very sudden and relentless.

Terrible news, he was a great fighter from a great era.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
                    I can scarcely believe this. Ron Lyle was arguably in the best physical shape of all the greats from that era in recent times. I read his biography last year and he was apparently still able to do a shed-load of pressups and worked out daily.

This stomach condition must have been very sudden and relentless.

Terrible news, he was a great fighter from a great era.....
                    I just read that Lyle was training fighters at a gym on Friday, then died suddenly on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      I just read that Lyle was training fighters at a gym on Friday, then died suddenly on Saturday.
                      Hell fire! That is terrible......poor guy. Nobody would have seen that coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X