Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has an old-time boxer ever explained in detail what it's like to be knocked cold?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has an old-time boxer ever explained in detail what it's like to be knocked cold?

I was just wondering... When a brutal KO had occured had any old-time boxer explained what it was like or if they had a recollection of it? I recall Donny LaLonde in an interview after the Leonard fight that he just remembered Sugar Ray swinging at him while he was on the ropes. He kinda implied that he didn't even realize he'd been knocked down.

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
    I was just wondering... When a brutal KO had occured had any old-time boxer explained what it was like or if they had a recollection of it? I recall Donny LaLonde in an interview after the Leonard fight that he just remembered Sugar Ray swinging at him while he was on the ropes. He kinda implied that he didn't even realize he'd been knocked down.
    theres the one where fulmer thought robinson was doing jumping jacks in his corner, thinking whys he exercising in the middle of the fight?

Comment

Tim Witherspoon, when he was stopped by Bonecrusher Smith, said he saw little blue mice smoking cigars.

Comment

Originally posted by greynotsoold View Post
        Tim Witherspoon, when he was stopped by Bonecrusher Smith, said he saw little blue mice smoking cigars.
        You've gotta be kidding me? I'm sure he was just kidding. A lot of people even thought he may've taken a dive in that fight to get out of his contract with King.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
          You've gotta be kidding me? I'm sure he was just kidding. A lot of people even thought he may've taken a dive in that fight to get out of his contract with King.
          No, he really said it. Whether he was kidding or not, I don't know, but I've always thought it was pretty funny. He said, after the fight, that Carl King, his manager, advised him to come out slow, take his time, while Don King advised Smith to start fast because Witherspoon liked to start slow. Who knows? Still, blue mice are pretty unique.

Comment

Lot's of times they don't remember being knocked down. I remember Marlon Starling telling Larry Merchant after the Tomas Molinares fight he wasn't even down.

Sean O'Grady once said he was hurt and for a moment he thought he was at home watching tv with his wife, til he realized he was in a fight.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDBBW...eature=related

Comment

Working...
              X