No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gesta is Ready To Replace Gamboa, Face Rios on 4/14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gesta is Ready To Replace Gamboa, Face Rios on 4/14

The boxing world was thrown for a loop earlier today when it was revealed that former featherweight champion Yuriorkis Gamboa, scheduled for an April 14th showdown with Brandon Rios in Las Vegas, had bailed on the kickoff press conference in Miami to hype the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Thanks a lot Gamboa

Comment

Gamboa is doing what now??

Comment

Make it happen,There has been talk of gesta fighting marquez in july.
        He should earn that shot by fighting bam bam.Hope rios still fights gamboa

Comment

Man i'm gutted about this fight was really looking forward to it but on the other side if it is true he's at the Mayweather gym and signs with them it's looking a bright future with that promotional company with sensational fighters.
          Last edited by Gooch999; 03-06-2012, 06:22 AM.

Comment

The full facts don't seem to be out yet, so maybe I'm mistaken, but if this guy is Gamboa's trainer and manager, then I would be surprised if he had no idea that Gamboa wasn't going through with the fight.

It seems pretty shady if you have your big name fighter agree to fight someone in a big event even though you know he isn't really going to do it, then when the event looks like it could fall apart you say "it's ok, I have another guy who can step in".

I mean, maybe I'm way off base here, but considering how boxing sometimes works, it kinda seems like he was happy to go along with Gamboa ****ing everyone about because he knew he could use the fallout to get a shot for Gesta.

Comment

Don't understand why Gamboa didn't sign the contract for this fight way before the first press conference? There was an article here on BScene - that said Gamboa hadn't sign the contract yet, and it was the first day of a two city press-con; whomever was the TR rep for this fight really dropped the ball on this one. Now Gamboa is in bed w/Mayweather Promo, sounds like a year off for Gamboa in court (ala Donaire). Oh well, would've loved to see this fight. Bring on Gesta, he and Rios have been the mixing it with words; GET IT ON!!!!

Comment

Ffs

What is everyone whining about? It was a press con. to promote the fight!!
                Now tell me if he had turned up short of doing a haye,chisora there wouldnt have been this much press,fan attention.So mission accomplished fight promoted.The fight will still go ahead IMO.A guy like Gamboa doesnt agree to a fight then just bottle it,He would never recover in the eyes of the fans.
                So everyone just chill out a bit.
                Go play with your girls **** or something :*******::boobies:

Comment

**** that, just postpone the fight until an agreement has been reached with Gamboa.

Comment

the fact that gamboa was fighting in another division it was too much.... maybe he realized was too much jump from from 126 to 135 not easy

Comment

Working...
                    X