No announcement yet.

Azumah Nelson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
    the 4th fight was worthless and certainly not better than a win over Martinez, the fact you have a win over a shot fighter in Marquez top 5 wins shows how weak your argument and how thin Marquez resume is in comparison to Nelson. A resume isn't just based on your top five wins Nelson beat more top competition. at you acting like beating a past-it Mark Johnson as some huge achievement.

Any answer for your other claims like Lewiz and Gonzales being greater or as great?
    How was Vasquez shot? Yes he was inactive at that point but he hadn't lost to anybody. But if you wanted to say Martinez was a better win that is fine like I said they are basically even fighters that whole group(including Lewis and Gonzalez) is pretty even.

Also lol at Mark Johnson being shot when he would go on and win another championship after Marquez beat him the only reason those wins aren't higher is because they weren't at Johnson's natural weight class.

Both guys had long title reigns against average contenders with no glaring losses you would be splitting hairs comparing the rest of there resume.
    Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 09-04-2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      How was Vasquez shot? Yes he was inactive at that point but he hadn't lost to anybody. But if you wanted to say Martinez was a better win that is fine like I said they are basically even fighters that whole group(including Lewis and Gonzalez) is pretty even.

Also lol at Mark Johnson being shot when he would go on and win another championship after Marquez beat him the only reason those wins aren't higher is because they weren't at Johnson's natural weight class.

Both guys had long title reigns against average contenders with no glaring losses you would be splitting hairs comparing the rest of there resume.
      Izzy was absolutely shot and looked horrible against Priolo (bum) before hand. I never said Johnson was shot just that he was past it which he definitely was and at a bad weight too. Nelson beat more and better competition no doubt about it and has the less damaging losses.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        Izzy was absolutely shot and looked horrible against Priolo (bum) before hand. I never said Johnson was shot just that he was past it which he definitely was and at a bad weight too. Nelson beat more and better competition no doubt about it and has the less damaging losses.
        He still won the fight its hard to look good when you're coming off a 20 month layoff. Like I said you can't say Vasquez was shot when he hadn't lost yet.

How was Johnson past it? He would go on and win another championship after losing to Marquez. Nelson did not beat better competition and both guys in their prime only lost to great fighters.

Comment

Z

He still won the fight its hard to look good when you're coming off a 20 month layoff. Like I said you can't say Vasquez was shot when he hadn't lost yet.

How was Johnson past it? He would go on and win another championship after losing to Marquez. Nelson did not beat better competition and both guys in their prime only lost to great fighters.
          ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz.....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            While I have much respect for Nelson, I wouldn't rate him the best at 130 ever. I'd personally rate Floyd, Arguello, JCC, and maybe even Camacho higher.
            On reflection Arguello does have to be number 1.

I'd still rank Azumah above JCC and Mayweather though.

Comment

Azumah is #1 because he is really the only guy who did most of his damage at 130 as opposed the other greats such as Chavez Barrera Mayweather Arguello etc

Comment

Marquez best wins

1. Tim Austin
                2. Isreal Vasquez 1
                3. Mark Johnson 1
                4. Isreal Vasquez 4
                5. Mark Johnson 2

Azumah's best wins

1. Gomez
                2. Fenech 2
                3. Ruelas 2
                4. Martinez 2
                5. Ruelas 1

Austin Vasquez1=Fenech2
                Johnson2>>>>>>>Ruelas 2
                Vasquez4=Martinez
                Johnson1>>>>>>Ruelas 1
                Gomez >>>>> every one Marquez's resume COMBINED.

Comment

There is a typo in that post its supposed to say

Austin<<<< Gomez

Comment

Working...
                  X