No announcement yet.

Munroe title shot getting nearer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munroe title shot getting nearer

Leicester boxer Rendall Munroe could be just one fight away from a chance to go for a world title.

The European super-bantamweight champion will defend his title against mandatory challenger Simone Maludrottu from Italy in September.

Manager Mike Shinfield said he hopes the fight will be regarded as an eliminator for a world title.

"We've applied, it's not been granted 100% yet but the signs are that it will," he told BBC Radio Leicester.

"Rendall's done it the hard way. He's come up through the English title, European title defended it successfully against all the challenges they put forward and it's paid off," he added.

Munroe, who works as a bin man, has also been named European Boxer of the Year.

good news ,the guy deserves it but he didnt look on top form in his last fight.Anyway i wish him the best of luck.

Comment

I like Munroe, he's very entertaining to watch...

Comment

He deserves it, good luck to the lad.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAVI$ View Post
          I like Munroe, he's very entertaining to watch...
          Co-signed.

Comment

Come on Munroe! he will batter Dunne!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingp4p View Post
              good news ,the guy deserves it but he didnt look on top form in his last fight.Anyway i wish him the best of luck.
              Agreed but he has taken 5 fights in as many months, he was ordered after his last fight to go on holiday and rest.

He is never out of the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Demise View Post
                Co-signed.
                The last fight he was in was bloody boring

Comment

Working...
                X